X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on NVQ3

Hi

not sure where to post this but I am about to do my case studies for NVQ3 Gastro Intestinal System. As with last months test I know I will have to use the knowledge I have gained to come up with some suggestions on medication for some pretend customers. Not sure if it is a confidence thing but this part I find hard. I tried to come up with some examples tonight myself i readiness for the test and I don't know if I am barking up the right tree.

Can you help with the following examples:

example 1: What would you suggest for a 60 year old man on Warfarin who indigestion.
    I was thinking of checking to see if he was on any other medication may be causing it. Also if he was on warfarin, avoiding Proton Pump Inhibitors as liver enzymes, and looking at possible antacids.

Example 2: What would you suggest for a pregnant lady with indigestion and constipation.
    I was thinking of fibre as a start, and increasing fluid. also activity to help if she inactive. Could she take Osmotic laxatives if pregnant? also for indigestion was thinking gaviscon / antacids? any ideas?

Example 3: what would you suggest for a man with accut diarrhoea.
    Fluids and oral rehydration salts. also 24 hour starvation and see what happens. Any ideas?

any help would be great

many thanks

Amanda
    ***Account Suspended at Members Request***

help on nvq3 pleaseeeeeee

Hi posted a message on student chat. please can you help.

thanks

Amanda

Comment

Re: help on nvq3 pleaseeeeeee

Originally posted by animal View Post
      Hi posted a message on student chat. please can you help.

thanks

Amanda
      I'm getting really p***ed at seeing this message all over the board - so probably not.

Jeff

Comment

well thankou very much for being so ignorant. Iposted it on two forums to try and get somebody to help as I was not sure where to post my message, but you are obviously one of those pharmacists that look down on people like me trying to better myself. I just hope that you dont treat your support staff like this as I would of handed in my notice a long time ago. you dont deserve support staff treating them like that. This is the last time I bother asking for help on this forum. I hope you feel smug with yourself.

Comment

well thankou very much for being so ignorant. Iposted it on two forums to try and get somebody to help as I was not sure where to post my message, but you are obviously one of those pharmacists that look down on people like me trying to better myself. I just hope that you dont treat your support staff like this as I would of handed in my notice a long time ago. you dont deserve support staff treating them like that. This is the last time I bother asking for help on this forum. I hope you feel smug with yourself.
          One posting is generally enough on here, most of us read every day and click on "new posts" and will answer any questions that we can.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Re: Questions on NVQ3

OK, question 3 for starters.
            Get a bit more background - 2WHAM helps, but check if patient has just returned from overseas, and what type of overseas visit it was, top hotels or back-packing in 'pensions' or 'road houses' after walking through the bush?
            Any temperature, rash or fever, and not started taking any new medicines in run up to event?
            If not, you are thinking along the right lines. If no improvement in 24hrs seek further medical help.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

thats understandable,but I am doing the test today, and in a pannick I put on the last last night in the hope I could get some encouragement.

I did not expect swearing and rudeness. If they have nothing nice to say, they should keep quiet. Sometimes, and I don't point this at every pharmacist as i work with some lovely ones who are helpful, a little more respect should be given to those who support pharmacist. especially when they run around them to enable them to sit and do crossword puzzles for 5x the salary i get.

Ime sorry but it made me cross and i will not reply to any more comments on this.

Comment

Thankyou for replying. I am doing the test today and this helps me.

Many thanks

Comment

Calm down dear, we all get a bit excited at times. It is when you are reacting to a situation that errors are made.
                  johnep

Comment

I would just like to thank those few people who helped me with my couple of questions raised over the past few weeks. I feel the need to suspend my account and have asked admin to do this as I do not like to speak with people who are rude and swear at me when I have not done anything wrong. When complaining to admin, I was told that I was wrong, obviously not to upset the person who has over 600 entries on this forum. I was also told to not ask for help all the time but to give it also it ( for heaven sake I am a new trainee Tech) I am bound to need more help than I am able to give.
                    I am unable to do right from wrong here and the rules of the forum mean nothing. You can be rude and swear at people, and get away with it if you are time served.

Comment

End of this sillyness...........

I would just like to thank those few people who helped me with my couple of questions raised over the past few weeks. I feel the need to suspend my account and have asked admin to do this as I do not like to speak with people who are rude and swear at me when I have not done anything wrong. When complaining to admin, I was told that I was wrong, obviously not to upset the person who has over 600 entries on this forum. I was also told to not ask for help all the time but to give it also it ( for heaven sake I am a new trainee Tech) I am bound to need more help than I am able to give.
                      I am unable to do right from wrong here and the rules of the forum mean nothing. You can be rude and swear at people, and get away with it if you are time served.
                      Most of the above is complete rubbish, but as I've just spent 3 days in bed with flu I really can't be bothered to argue the toss. I can't find any swearing referred to (unless it's Jeff's p***ed ???), and never took any sides on this, so we'll just put it down to immaturity, I'll close this thread, and I'm off back to bed if you lot don't mind!

Thanks
                      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

thats understandable,but I am doing the test today, and in a pannick I put on the last last night in the hope I could get some encouragement..
                        Then maybe you shouldn't have left it until a quarter past nine in the evening, on a Bank holiday, to start attempting to fill the obvious gaps in your knowledge, only 12 hours before your test. You obviously aren't ready.

Sometimes, and I don't point this at every pharmacist as i work with some lovely ones who are helpful, a little more respect should be given to those who support pharmacist. especially when they run around them to enable them to sit and do crossword puzzles for 5x the salary i get..
                        With comments like those you have just lost all chances of ever gaining any respect from me.

i will not reply to any more comments on this.
                        Is that a promise?
                        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Probably too sensitive to deal with rough and tumble of everyday pharmacy,
                          johnep

Comment

Working...
                          X