Pharmacy Manager vacancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy Manager vacancies

Hello everyone. Will some one enlighten me why recruitment agencies are frowned upon? I work in this industry, always searching for Pharnacists on th e move, and always polite to whom ever I speak to. I'd just like to say:its a job, we dont particulaly like to call you at work but we do try to keep the conversation short and offer to call you back at a better time to suit yourselfs. I also apologise to the ones of us who do have an attitude (i'm not one of them). There is no excuse for being rude.
    So, if anyone can tell me why were frowned upon would be great.
    In the meantime if anyone is ready for a move let me know. I work nation wide so area is not a problem.
    Ali

Re: Pharmacy Manager vacancies

Because if I want to move jobs I'll phone you!!!

-You never tell me who the job is with, which is probably the most important bit of information!
    -You always seem to phone when i'm really busy(granted you do offer to call back!)
    -You always ask what I'm looking for in a job, then the job you offer doesn't match any of the things i've requested.

Apart from that I've no problems whatsoever

Comment

Hello JonF,
      Thanks for your comments. Yes, I agree with all of the above (in your reply). Its a not a particualy nice job but someone has to do it. Who ever started these chuffing recruitment agencies want a good telling off. I think we need to bug the companies we are recruiting for give us more information and stop being so cagey. If only you chaps got intouch with us when you were looking for a move, life would be better. But, such is life.

Take care

Ali

Comment

I do get a little fed up at my age (73) of being 'phoned by name by agencies.
        Having been in marketing for nearly 30 years am quite used to self promtion if required. Have found activity increases when local supermarket proposes a 100 hour opening.
        johnep

Comment

Hi Johnep, thanks for your comments. As you have such a vast repetoire of experience, what/how would you like to see recruitment agencies do to improve the way they operate?
          All ideas welcome.
          Ali

Comment

i agree totally with johnf .its usually a job for a multiple and from my experience they are all becoming homogenous. so don't like to be bothered when harassed already at work

regards
            narav

Comment

Well said Alison. Always a good idea to ask someone what they would do.
              I have to reply, that I have never used an agency myself, but my daughter has suffered from agents who put her forward for jobs which turn out to be entirely different from what was originally in the job description.

Also interviewers who do not seem to have any idea why they are interviewing a candidate except to pay lip service to supposed competition with an internal candidate already promised the job.

Better would be to ask those who regularly use agents as to what makes them choose a particular agency. They often pass opinions in another forum.

However, I would advise someone who is a bit diffident to use an agency that can help them with interview techniques and presentations.
              johnep

Comment

I would tend to think it must be crap money in a factorypharm, otherwise why would they have to use agencies?

Comment

Alison,
                  Just a few questions......

I assume it's the multiples who use you to find pharmacists?

Why is it you don't tell us who job is with? Is it at their request?

How far down the recruitment process do you have to go before you find out who your prospective employer will be or is it like a blind date or mystery tour....you don't find out until you get to the interview?!

Comment

I always give my details and what I am looking for - I have never been called back with a job offer!
                    Probably because I say that I am good at what I do, on average put turnover up 25% in my first year, have all the CPD certificates, am an IT expert and generally sell myself.
                    Oh and by the way I'm on 50K basic and I am looking to better that if I move.

If you are different - PM me.

Comment

Heard nothing once again- Obviously another supermarket agency looking for the cheapest pharmacist they can get.

Comment

Working...
                      X