how to become a pharmacist in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to become a pharmacist in the uk

US student with a degree in Political Science. are there any part-time enrollement programs in the UK? I have read online, but can someone give me a simple version of the steps to become a pharmacist in the UK.
    i know i would have to go back to school but for how long?

Re: how to become a pharmacist in the uk

Usually obtain higher level in Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Then four years at uni followed by post reg year (intern) in community,hospital or industry.

no part time courses available afaik.
    johnep

Comment

well lets say i have degree and i have completed all the preqrequisites for someone with a non-science degree. what would be the next step. the UK pharmacy degree is four years with a internship kind of equivalent, right???
      so are they certain schools for someone with a non-science background ??

Comment

also are salaries really that low -35k for community pharmacist??
        if i completed my pharmacy degree in the UK is there anyway i could earn a higher salary since i am from the US, kind of like through a recruitment agency.for example i am ultrasound tech in the uk and i am from the US getting $30ph which is way more than i would get at home. this is because of the shortage. would that apply to pharmacy??

Comment

Rule of thumb -- salaries in USA nearly double those in UK. Living costs are half those in UK. You would need to be a masochistic anglophile to come to UK.

Salaries in community pharmacy in UK are roughly 1k per annum per hour per week. Ie work a hundred hour week and get 100K. Am informed that USA pharmacists can earn $120k for standard hours.
          johnep

Comment

do you mean like for a 45 hour week you make 45k a week or annual salary??

Comment

45k annual salary.
              johnep

Comment

Working...
              X