Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

Hi, newbie here!

I would be grateful if you could help me.

I am currently working as a qualified dispensing technician (NVQ3), in a community pharmacy, and intend to complete my Accredited Checking Technician course in the near future. I would like to study to eventually to qualify as a Pharmacist, however, I would have to do my study evenings, weekends, or via distance learning as I am unable to take on a full time course. Another option may be a one day a week course. Or even a combination of all the above!

Could you please tell me if there are any options open to me, or whether the only way of qualifying as a pharmacist is through a full time course?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Is it possible?

Originally posted by hornet boy View Post
    Hi, newbie here!

I would be grateful if you could help me.

I am currently working as a qualified dispensing technician (NVQ3), in a community pharmacy, and intend to complete my Accredited Checking Technician course in the near future. I would like to study to eventually to qualify as a Pharmacist, however, I would have to do my study evenings, weekends, or via distance learning as I am unable to take on a full time course. Another option may be a one day a week course. Or even a combination of all the above!

Could you please tell me if there are any options open to me, or whether the only way of qualifying as a pharmacist is through a full time course?

Thanks for any help!
    Hello and welcome

I'm sorry to say but as far as I know the only way to become a pharmacist is full time, at Universty. The course has a lot of lectures, tutorials, practicals etc in it and takes four years full time to complete. Then you have to do a one year pre-reg, followed by two exams. At the end of all that you can call yourself a pharmacist, and start doing CPD and maybe think about a clinical diploma or a MSc.

Good luck
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Have a pre reg at one pharmacy who did precisely that. Took 'a' levels at evening classes and got adult education grant for uni. Now aged 27.

You could do it if lived at home and no reponsibilities.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Have a pre reg at one pharmacy who did precisely that. Took 'a' levels at evening classes and got adult education grant for uni. Now aged 27.

You could do it if lived at home and no reponsibilities.
        johnep
        John
        You mean they can do the pharmacy course part time or at night class now, or just the A levels?
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
        X