Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioyds pre-reg interview

hello comrades
    today i got a pre-reg interview invitation E-mail from Lioyds. let me summarize the contents;
    1- The interview will be one to one and will last approximately 45 minutes
    2- you will be required to give a 10 minute presentation
    3- the topic i picked " What do you think you can contribute to the role of ‘Pharmacist’ within Lloydspharmacy in the future?
    "

Any tips guys? i would like to ask those who have worked/ are working for Lioyds if they have any advices for me to score some points in the interview?
    for those fresh pharmacists who recently qualified, any tips?

wish me a good luck guys, thanks for your replies
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Re: Lioyds pre-reg interview

Hey Ray…

Well done for getting an interview with Lloyds pharmacy.

Have you been to any pharmacy interviews before?

I’ve worked for Lloyds, only one month during my pre-reg year. I enjoyed it very much, it’s a lively place. They have good systems in place, but there’s a lot of competition for pre-reg places.

Things they could ask:

1. Why are you applying to Lloyds? The obvious question. What attracts you to them? Is it the training they offer? Is it the good feedback you’ve had from old pre-regs? Say something that will make you stand out. Know the company well.
    2. What can you offer? - talk about the experience / skills you’ve gained so far at work or university. Your interest in community, what drives you
    3. Give an example of teamwork? Or describe a difficult situation? They just want to know how you handled it, the end result and what you would change.
    4. CPD – they might ask what it is, what problems do pharmacists face (time, monitored by RPSGB, now on-line) and give an example.
    5. What are the latest developments in pharmacy? Know the pharmacy contract, clinical governance, changing technicians roles, any hot topics in the PJ like supervision.
    6. Clinical questions – they might ask you to counsel for an inhaler, antibiotics – something simple. They could ask about basic drug interactions.

Have a look at ‘The pre-reg interview ‘by Nadia Bukhari and the links below.

Be My Interviewer - Job Interview Tips & Advice

PJ Online | Advice to patients (contents)

The presentation – this is really up to you, everyone has a different style of presenting.
    I guess you need to say a bit about the pharmacists role in general, what you know about the company, culture of the company, mention why you would be a great candidate, what drives you, how you would fit culturally, what you can offer- skills/experience, mention how your long-term future career goals fits in with their company.

All the best with the interview, I hope this helps…
    Lazy Lady...
    [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Lazy Nite, thanks a lot for your post, i will follow your advice

1- i never worked for Lioyds before, i am currently working with an indepandant pharmacy chain " 90 branches" in the south east. do you believe i have a chance to get pre-reg with them? i mean let's be realistic, they will pick some of their " summer students" for pre-reg.

2- what they care about the most, company financial issues and profits, or provising best healthcare services for patients " as everyone else say". in my answers, should i focus on showing that i am interested in balancing the above 2 issues while responding to questions?

thank you in advance
      would love to read zogitta's post and others who also worked/done pre-reg with Lioyds.
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Hiya

Yea, if your currently working with an independent and they offer pre-reg…you have a good chance. A summer placement is usually gateway to pre-reg (esp with Boots).

Its true to say the Lloyds summer students may have a better insight into the company itself, but you’ve still picked up upon skills/experience needed in community, which you need to sell at the interview.

Do you have any Lloyds teacher practitioners at your Uni? Can you ask them? Do you have a local Lloyds branch in your area? Can you have a quick chat with them face to face? It cud help.

Have a look at this page – they talk about the Lloyds interview

Lloyds pharmacy pre-reg interviews - The Student Room

Have a look at you tube – some pre-regs from Lloyds discussing their experience

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

For question 2 – I think at your level you need to concentrate on patient care. But you can bring in the financial side in relation to patient care – cost effectiveness, waste management, reducing wastage, improving compliance etc if your into that sort of thing.
        Or you can just show ur keen to learn about the management side during your pre-reg too.

Hope this helps…I’m sure you will get it.
        Lazy Lady...
        [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
          Lazy Nite, thanks a lot for your post, i will follow your advice

1- i never worked for Lioyds before, i am currently working with an indepandant pharmacy chain " 90 branches" in the south east. do you believe i have a chance to get pre-reg with them? i mean let's be realistic, they will pick some of their " summer students" for pre-reg.
          That sounds like Paydens - can't think of anyone else who is that big in the south east. If it is Paydens give me a PM and I can give you contact details. We quite frequently take summer students on as pre-regs as it makes life a bit easier for everyone.

Comment

Done
            Last edited by Rafael; 24, October 2008, 02:41 PM.
            [/COLOR]

Comment

thanks a lot Lazy Nite your help is much appreciated, seriously, i am planning to start preparing my presentation tom. another good news, i got a 2nd interview with Day lewis on the 10th of July" before Lioyds interview", i just checked my university e-mail and confirmed my attendance.

so i gotta start preparing for both by tom.
              [/COLOR]

Comment

hi everyone, ive just recently found out about an interview at lloyds also, and i also have never worked with lloyds before
                for the presentation i have decided to choose the first option, about customer service because i think the role of the pharmacist one is slightly harder and im sure most people will choose it
                is this a good idea? and i would appreciate any advice people can give me about it
                thanks

Comment

Look up the mission statement given by new MD of lloyds and align your interview preparation to that.
                  johnep

Comment

yay i got an offer with Lloyds, congrat to me
                    waiting to get the contract and read it, going to visit the pharmacy next week.
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Ray, you sound like a turkey who's chuffed about receiving an invitation to a big Christmas dinner...
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

......and what a feast it will be
                        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

why do you say that zoggita?
                          i am confused everyone is telling me a different story about working for Lloyds i always wanted to train with them.

lazy lady told me her pre-reg was great with lloyds???
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Here's the reality, they will ask you stupid things like:

-state a time when there was an argument/clash/ and how you sorted it out
                            -who is your idol/role model

actually all these stupid questions were in your application form, let me assure you they will ask more questions like this, prepare to bullshit, unless you live in some ghetto (no offence to you intended).

These questions are maybe ok for pre-reg placement but they have the ordasity to ask similar questions at all they're interviews, i dont mind answering these type of questions but they ask OPEN questions, if they gave you a scenario and ask you what you would do, that would be more suitable.

I hate Lloyds radio already, pisses you off when everything is going down the pan in the dispensary, and the radio presenter seems oblivious to this, I bet he's not even a pharmacist.
                            We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Ray….they’re just teasing you. No one is saying anything bad. You just sound very excited…..that’s all!

Well done for getting the job!

I’ve worked with them for one month and I know ppl who’ve done their pre-reg with them. They all liked it. They have a nice atmosphere…….

Have you accepted the offer?
                              Lazy Lady...

Comment

Working...
                              X