X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with Pre-Reg exam calculations?

To Pre-Reg Students

If you are having trouble with the pre-reg calculations, post them here and I'll do my best to help you with them. I'm sure others will too.
    Last edited by admin; 2, February 2017, 10:12 AM.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: Stuck with Pre-Reg exam calculations?

pls can i ask for help with the pre-reg calculations...cos i need to aim to do the toughies now......thats wot im stuck with...pls any help 4warded in my inbox will be appreciated. thanx

Comment

Well even I have probs with some claculations so lets have a calculation thread with remembered examples from the exam.
      johnep

Comment

that would be wicked...n also if you can 4ward me any help i'd appreciate it.....!!i need to pass its my third time n its not like i aint got the brains........cos wot i dont understand is y mutliple-choice i absolutly h8 multiple-choice exams .......!!but got my last shot...plss any help that u can 4ward would be appreciated greatly.....!!thanx

Comment

Originally posted by azz View Post
          that would be wicked...n also if you can 4ward me any help i'd appreciate it.....!!i need to pass its my third time n its not like i aint got the brains........cos wot i dont understand is y mutliple-choice i absolutly h8 multiple-choice exams .......!!but got my last shot...plss any help that u can 4ward would be appreciated greatly.....!!thanx
          Multiple choice shoot me down as well.
          The Pharmaceutical Press do a calculations book and a work book to go with it.
          Introduction to Pharmaceutical Calculations Judith A Rees, Ian Smith and Brian Smith.
          The workbook is called Pharmaceutical Calculations Workbook Judith A Rees and Ian Smith.

Welcome to the Pharmaceutical Press

Some have also marked up the BNF and other open book references with tabs etc so that you don't need to use the index to find stuff.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

pls can i ask for help with the pre-reg calculations...cos i need to aim to do the toughies now......thats wot im stuck with...pls any help 4warded in my inbox will be appreciated. thanx
            Azz

Please post an example of the type you are stuck with so we can have a go at one!
            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

its questions like the moles, molecular masses, atomic weights etc......i can't get the hang of these types.........thanx

Comment

that would be great if we had a calculations thread.........cos i really need help with cals on molecular mass, atomic weights etc.....thanx

Comment

that would be great if we had a calculations thread.........cos i really need help with cals on molecular mass, atomic weights etc.....thanx
                  I don't remember doing any calculations like that for the re-reg exam? Can you give us an actual example question?

Comment

I studied all these at A level. Knowledge was assumed at uni.
                    johnep

Comment

Would it be wrong to give worked examples to the calculation questions in this
                      http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/pdfs/preregexsampop07autumn.pdf

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Would it be wrong to give worked examples to the calculation questions in this
                        http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/pdfs/preregexsampop07autumn.pdf

Jeff
                        No Jeff it wouldn't be wrong, but I thought that as it was Azz who has problems the least he could do is show us an example of the questions he cannot do!

Johnep is correct in that moles, molecular masses, atomic weights etc were covered at A level, and used in the degree, but I didn't think you had them in the pre-reg exams.

All the calculations I did were simple ones - how much do you need to of solution X to get 75mls of 5% solution Y - stuff like that. I can't remember having to work out for example the concentration of a solution from a titration or any questions of that type which would need the understanding of molecular solutions etc.

We could pick a question at random, and have a go for our own revision if thats what you want, and I guess that would help people in general.

Do we want to answer specific questions to help individuals, or do some examples to attempt to help the masses?

What do you all want?

Comment

Examples for the masses like me. I have found dispensers who have had trouble with hospital scripts saying 1/52, 7/7 etc
                          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

What do you all want?
                            Is Az possibly having problems with mmoles (milli-moles) and the like?
                            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                              Is Az possibly having problems with mmoles (milli-moles) and the like?
                              I guess it's possible that's the problem, but it would help if we knew.

Comment

Working...
                              X