Outside the pharmacy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside the pharmacy....

Outside the pharmacy where have you been apprehended by a customer regarding their script?

Do you regularly get recognised in the street as "the pharmacist" and get subsequent glares/greetings? Do you have to shop out of town to avoid your customers? Have you bumped into any customers whilst on holiday?

Just interested in whether anyone has managed to avoid any contact with customers outside of work.

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
    Outside the pharmacy where have you been apprehended by a customer regarding their script?
    Yes.

Do you regularly get recognised in the street as "the pharmacist" and get subsequent glares/greetings?
    Or even the pub.

Do you have to shop out of town to avoid your customers?
    No - I chose to work away from home at first just to avoid this sort of stuff
    ... but people near home find out that you're a pharmacist and ask you anyway.

Have you bumped into any customers whilst on holiday?
    No - but many years ago did find one of my local doctors sunbathing topless on the beach.

Just interested in whether anyone has managed to avoid any contact with customers outside of work.
    Why worry - it's going to happen anyway.

Jeff

Comment

Re: Outside the pharmacy....

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Yes.

Do you regularly get recognised in the street as "the pharmacist" and get subsequent glares/greetings? Do you have to shop out of town to avoid your customers?
      Or even the pub. No - I chose to work away from home at first just to avoid this sort of stuff
      ... but people near home find out that you're a pharmacist and ask you anyway.
      Oh dear.

Have you bumped into any customers whilst on holiday?
      No - but many years ago did find one of my local doctors sunbathing topless on the beach.
      .......blimey!

Why worry - it's going to happen anyway.
      Good point. I'm booking self-defence classes ASAP.

Comment

Do you regularly get recognised in the street as "the pharmacist" and get subsequent glares/greetings? Do you have to shop out of town to avoid your customers? Have you bumped into any customers whilst on holiday?

My parmacist boyfriend got followed home by one of the methadone punters once. Wasn't really a threat though cos she was really weedy, obvioulsy preferring to substitute heroin for food.

When working in the depths of deep dark Peckham I once told but some arsehole that he was going to wait outside for me after i finished. Although he used more explenative to say that. Nothing happened tho.

I dunno...maybe you should buy a fake moustache/glasses/hat if you're worried.

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
          My parmacist boyfriend got followed home by one of the methadone punters once. Wasn't really a threat though cos she was really weedy, obvioulsy preferring to substitute heroin for food.

When working in the depths of deep dark Peckham I once told but some arsehole that he was going to wait outside for me after i finished. Although he used more explenative to say that. Nothing happened tho.

I dunno...maybe you should buy a fake moustache/glasses/hat if you're worried.
          Always a danger in the reality of modern pharmacy practice.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

not a yet a pharmacist but well....

"Outside the pharmacy where have you been apprehended by a customer regarding their script?
            "
            got some biscuits from Mrs X, for making sure she gets some ibuprofen with her next MDS dosette, when i offered to order it for her.

"Do you regularly get recognised in the street as "the pharmacist" and get subsequent glares/greetings? "

no not a pharmacist yet, but i get recognized from some addicts living around. " oh this is the guy who gives us needles".

"Have you bumped into any customers whilst on holiday?"
            i am on holiday right now, well summer holiday away from where i study.
            yes almost 2 days a week, i collect script from 2 of my neighbours and bring their medication back to home after work. i got 2 free dinners so far :P
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X