Would you do it all again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do it all again?

Im new to the forum and going to be starting a pharmacy course at Manchester next september.

I can already guess the kind of the replies im going to get back (from reading previous posts), but i would like to find out if there are any registered pharmacists, pre-reg or 4th year students that would start the training today, considering all the current changes happening.

All replies apprieciated.

coconn
    coconn

Originally posted by coconn View Post
    Im new to the forum and going to be starting a pharmacy course at Manchester next september.

I can already guess the kind of the replies im going to get back (from reading previous posts), but i would like to find out if there are any registered pharmacists, pre-reg or 4th year students that would start the training today, considering all the current changes happening.

coconn
    Would I - the question is more like could I ! The course is not an easy one, in fact it's hard. I'm not sure my brains as big as it was !

Pharmacy has given me some good things in my life. I've "bettered" myself financially, got a degree, bought a nice house - all that kind of stuff. The bit I don't like is the job. I personally find it really boring, although some people on the forum love it, so it's up to the individual I guess.

Having said that, if I were your age I might go abroad, or work in industry - you will have quite a few options if you want them.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

coconn
      If I had to do it all again - well if I was going to take a degree it would probably be pharmacy - but... with hindsight I would not have come back from my gap year and instead just gone through life as a tramp.
      And don't knock change - that's one of the more interesting aspects.

Jeff

Comment

coconn
        Hindsight is always easy! I've done well financially out of Pharmacy, but especially by running my own business and I don't know if such oppotunities are around today as I wouldn't want a career working for a multiple.
        I know the other man's grass is always greener, but perhaps today law would be a better option.

R
        The spirit of the time hath taught me speed- Wm Shakespeare- "King John"

Comment

HELP on interviews

HI i would just like to ask if anyone can give me info on the type of questions asked at university interviews as i have got an interview for pharmacy at machester uni next week and need some advice on interviews.

Comment

I recently had an interview there, which wasn't actually very bad. The day will begin by a presentation on the school and course. You will then be taken to the pharmacy common room and be given a sheet, on which you must briefly demonstrate your written English capability by answering a couple of questions. During this time you will have your sheduled interview which will last 5-8 mins.

I would suggest wearing a suit, because everyone in my interview was dressed quite smart. My best advice is to just be relaxed, as nerves can make a interview more difficult than it actually is.
            coconn

Comment

Questions like 'why pharmacy?' and drug related questions like different drug routes, sources or anti-biotics. Good luck

coconn
              coconn

Comment

Working...
              X