Community Pharmacy Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Pharmacy Jobs

OK, looking for a new job at the moment.
    Looking for who has the best T&C especially if a signing on bonus is offered to the new recruit.
    Also if the referrer gets a reward for recommendation - it could be you!
    Sheffield area.

Last edited by Pharmanaut; 7, March 2022, 05:05 PM.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

I'd caution against Pharmacists settling for generic terms and conditions.

It is YOUR qualification that's at stake. It should be what YOU are prepared to put it on the line for.

In fact, it's implicit in any contract --- whether it has any teeth is directly proportional to the regard in which that organisation holds the Profession and your Professional bodies.

THEY need you!

Do your due diligence -- it is meant to be a partnership (not your typical employer-employee dynamic --- an unfathomable oversight by the entire Profession!).

And for any of this to even mean anything, your Professional bodies would have to respect you as a Professional in the first place -- then, you'd actually the able to exercise 'Professional Autonomy'. Do they inherently trust in your matriculation, the education, training and qualification to undertake such lofty responsibility?
    Last edited by PotionRx; 7, March 2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Excellent advice and a reminder not to just take any job that's going.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

That is an oversimplification.

The fact remains that a Pharmacist has to work within the reality shaped by commissioning-, regulatory- and professional-body dynamics. If these forces are misaligned or lacking, it would be unfair to expect an INDIVIDUAL Pharmacist to assume sole responsibility for the working situations they end up finding themselves.

The only viable recourse in the end is to leave the Profession -- a wholly unfair position.

It is why all these surveys claiming dissatisfaction, and the hand-wringing about sector workforces, are needlessly overly performative "gestures".

A Profession must abide by its Principles and Values, or become slave to the whims of the times.

Comment

Yes a similar position to Quality Control in industry. It did not matter how and where medicines were produced as long as they passed QC analysis at the end. I called on factories with beaten earth floors , birds and insects flying about and tree frogs hopping happily about. Power outages would mean drying granules growing mould.
          In one factory the operatives would send a sample of a passed batch if they were in a rush.
          Directions to use distilled water recently boiled and cooled were interpreted to mean the distillation process was OK. Tanks were filled with water just before end of shift and then left overnight.
          When water changed to ion exchange, operatives used water that had not been heated. Later found to be teeming with pseudomonas? for a product to be used on burns.
          Quality Assurance where processes had to pass inspection changed attitudes in industry. It will take a major incident to do so in retail.
          johnep

Comment

Well said.

Although we forget the Elizabeth Lee incident is not that far back (relatively speaking). Dare I ask, aside managing to wrangle decriminalisation from it, were any lessons learned from that event other than Elizabeth Lee herself?

I read an article where the Regulator's inspection methods wouldn't be to "commandeer the RP for 3 hours, but talk to all the team" in service of an "open culture". Errm... That's the RPs's job. The job of the Regulator is to make sure that the RP, on entry into the register, is capable and empowered to do just that!

Otherwise, the purpose of an inspection would be to spot insidious practices such as "Advance Declaration" and ensure required safety protocols are in place and declared by a Pharmacist ready to put their name under it.

Comment

Working...
            X