Cbd oil just a fad ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbd oil just a fad ?

What is the consensus among pharmacists about all the hype about Cbd oil ? (Particularly for helping anxiety)

It seems to have encouraging evidence of effectiveness for anxiety although it is in its infancy.

I take lamotrigine and vortioxetine so do you think it will have drug interactions ?

You need to look at the link between diet and mood with regards to gut flora! I have seen significant changes in people who adopt the microbiome diet. There is a poster pharmacist on here who mentioned this diet a while ago then I googled and discovered a wealth of supporting evidence. Your mood starts in your gut!

Comment

"Mens sana corpore sana"
      johnep

Comment

Not a pharmacist, I would be interested too, but you can find some academic articles quite easily, some relatively old about 5 years old and some very recent.

There is the potential for some non-trivial interaction between the vortioxetine and the CBD as I think if you look in recent years it has been demonstrated that there's something going on with CBD oil and the 5-HT1A receptors.

However there is the fabled CBR1 receptor and a whole load of others like D4, eCBs, adenosine, a few others that might even include GABA and I don't think it's understood what the heck's going on yet.

It is becoming more common to meet people with anxiety taking it.

Comment

I'm just not convinced by the pharmacological evidence that cannabidiol is active enough in its own right to have any significant anxiolytic effect. I would bet money that most people would find anticonvulsants to have a greater anxiolytic effect than CBD oil.

Speaking of anticonvulsants has your doctor discussed pregabalin with you?

Comment

Working...
          X