Cbd oil just a fad ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbd oil just a fad ?

What is the consensus among pharmacists about all the hype about Cbd oil ? (Particularly for helping anxiety)

It seems to have encouraging evidence of effectiveness for anxiety although it is in its infancy.

I take lamotrigine and vortioxetine so do you think it will have drug interactions ?

You need to look at the link between diet and mood with regards to gut flora! I have seen significant changes in people who adopt the microbiome diet. There is a poster pharmacist on here who mentioned this diet a while ago then I googled and discovered a wealth of supporting evidence. Your mood starts in your gut!

Comment

"Mens sana corpore sana"
      johnep

Comment

Not a pharmacist, I would be interested too, but you can find some academic articles quite easily, some relatively old about 5 years old and some very recent.

There is the potential for some non-trivial interaction between the vortioxetine and the CBD as I think if you look in recent years it has been demonstrated that there's something going on with CBD oil and the 5-HT1A receptors.

However there is the fabled CBR1 receptor and a whole load of others like D4, eCBs, adenosine, a few others that might even include GABA and I don't think it's understood what the heck's going on yet.

It is becoming more common to meet people with anxiety taking it.

Comment

I'm just not convinced by the pharmacological evidence that cannabidiol is active enough in its own right to have any significant anxiolytic effect. I would bet money that most people would find anticonvulsants to have a greater anxiolytic effect than CBD oil.

Speaking of anticonvulsants has your doctor discussed pregabalin with you?

Comment

I was hesitant at first but now I realize that starting my CBD treatment was a right decision. If you want absolutely natural CBD products, look here: Truly natural oils are hard to find nowadays but that place sells exactly those.
            Last edited by admin; 18th, February 2019, 04:24 PM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

Originally posted by Riennonela View Post
              YI was hesitant at first but now I realize that starting my CBD treatment was a right decision.
              Truly natural oils are hard to find nowadays but that place sells exactly those.
              The placebo effect is wonderful. CBD oil seems to be effective for every ailment under the sun for every man, beast or dog! Apparently it can cure my crohns, does that include growing a new large intestine, I wonder, and it will give my dog a nice shiny coat. It’s a miracle!

I’m just thinking here, but if this oil included bits of poop from other peoples bowels would people be so keen to try it out?

Comment

If people are convinced that something will work, then it will. Placebo effect used extensively in the past. At one time we and aspirins in several colours. Mist ADT (any damn thing) prescribed in Victorian times. Pills were coated in silver and Gold (Potensan and Potensan Forte). Pil Panis very popular. Mist Gent Alk prescribed for almost any condition.
                johnep

Comment

Working...
                X