Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which community pharmacy is the best to work for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which community pharmacy is the best to work for?

Hello,

I am a newly qualified pharmacist.
    Could someone give me an advice on which community pharmacy (chain; Boots, Lloyds, Sainsbury's,Asda, Morrison, Tesco, Co-op, Rowland,.... independent,...)is the best to work for please. Which ones do pay the highest salaries? which is the least exploiting? etc.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by hanah; 1, November 2010, 08:18 PM.

Re: Which community pharmacy is the best to work for?

BIG question..

Personally, from experience, I found established independents or independent chains always offered the best option..direct contact with ownership..means a lot...salary usually negotiable.. Re multiples..work for set wages, limited contact with constantly-changing management. My opinion.

Fleeg.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Can I roll out my usual post....
      If anyone wants a position in South Yorkshire with a small chain where you are valued drop me a line. There is a well run village pharmacy, bright, airy, consulting room, air-conditioning and motivated staff looking for a manager. Good relations with local doctors that you can build on. And no I don't work for them, Mrs Pharmanaut does.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

What about finding part time jobs (e.g. 4 days a week)? is it possible in the community in general especially if you were to be the manager?

Comment

I'm biased, and am going to say an independent (although definition of an independent is a bit difficult - the company I work for has 80+ branches, but the owner is a pharmacist and I have his mobile number). I have no targets, and the freedom to do pretty much what I want. I also have a good salary, a flat and a company car, so can't complain at all.

Comment

if may i ask, what paydens offer for a registered pharmacist who just graduated and done his pre-reg with them. any idea of the starting salary for a relief role?
            feel free to reply here or drop me a PM please.
            i still did not sign any pre-reg contract, got an offer with paydens+lloyds+day lewis, did not turn up for SD and Coop interviews....... i am a bit lost! plus have heard loads of stories about Lloyds on this forum...
            cheers
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Only have heard good stories re Paydens.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                If anyone wants a position in South Yorkshire with a small chain where you are valued drop me a line. There is a well run village pharmacy, bright, airy, consulting room, air-conditioning and motivated staff looking for a manager. Good relations with local doctors that you can build on. And no I don't work for them, Mrs Pharmanaut does.
                I'd snap your arm off at the elbow for that job! Unfortunately a move to s.yorkshire would be too much hassle for me.
                “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thank you very much for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                    I'd snap your arm off at the elbow for that job! Unfortunately a move to s.yorkshire would be too much hassle for me.
                    Did I mention it closes at lunchtime?
                    Good sandwich shop next door as well.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Did I mention it closes at lunchtime?
                      Good sandwich shop next door as well.

aaaaargh! *sound of Sir_D snapping his own arm off*
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Which brought me to think of this...

Monty Python And The Holy Grail- The Black Knight

Some people will do anything for a a job!
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

it's nuffin. Just a flesh wound!

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
                            it's nuffin. Just a flesh wound!

...The ballad of brave Sir Robin was always good for a laugh.
                            How times change.

Comment

Whereabouts in South Yorkshire is it?
                              I am due to qualify in a couple of months (taking the pre-reg exam on Friday ) and looking to move away from Middlesbrough and start a permanent job to find my feet and get some proper experience

Comment

Working...
                              X