Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mature student

Hi,

I have this question in my mind that has been bothering me for the past few days. I have recently completed a Pharmaceutical science degree, but now upon finishing my degree I applied for Pharmacy and also managed to get a place. But now since im 22 years old and the course is going to be 4 years long, do you think spending 4 years would be worth it??
    Personally speaking, I really want to be a pharmacist but I was just wondering if it practical doing it now?

Thank You

Re: Mature student

considering that at your age you'll be expected to work into your 70s (and beyond! ) whats 4 years of your life now? Consider it an investment in your dreams and aspirations. If it doesn't work out you can always go on to medicine or drop it all and do something different. The world is your lobster, my friend!
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I qualified as a pharmacist at the ripe old age of 25..(OK so I had a couple of years of madness in London before I started my degree)...Two years in this game is the blink of an eye...

If you want it..go for it..you will only regret it if you don't!
      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by nkhan View Post
        Hi,

I have this question in my mind that has been bothering me for the past few days. I have recently completed a Pharmaceutical science degree, but now upon finishing my degree I applied for Pharmacy and also managed to get a place. But now since im 22 years old and the course is going to be 4 years long, do you think spending 4 years would be worth it??
        Personally speaking, I really want to be a pharmacist but I was just wondering if it practical doing it now?

Thank You
        Ya u can continue it doesn't matters.
        [url]http://www.drug-rehab911.com/[/url]

Comment

Thank you so so much.. thanks for making me perhaps the biggest decision of my career. Now that Ive got this out of my head, all i have to worry about now is to look for a job .

Comment

Originally posted by nkhan View Post
            all i have to worry about now is to look for a job .
            Don't quite follow..Are you looking for a job to finance your proposed degree in pharmacy?
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
              Don't quite follow..Are you looking for a job to finance your proposed degree in pharmacy?
              yea.. since im a graduate, i cannot get student loan anymore..

Comment

What University are you studying it at?

Comment

I am curious. What sort of career would your tutors think a 'pharmaceutical scientist' could follow?

Obvious question, why not pharmacy in the first place?
                  johnep

Comment

Originally posted by emelianenko View Post
                    What University are you studying it at?
                    Going to university of central lancashire.

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    I am curious. What sort of career would your tutors think a 'pharmaceutical scientist' could follow?

Obvious question, why not pharmacy in the first place?
                    johnep
                    Well the plan was to get into industry as soon as I finish my degree, so i decided to get into Pharmaceutics. Since the uni I did my degree from gave first hand experience in industry. But now when I have finished my degree I realised I could have done that with MPharm as well. But with MPharm you can work as a pharmacist in hospital and community which I cant do at the moment with this degree.

Comment

Working...
                    X