No announcement yet.

I don't like hospital consultants - Would that make a Pharmacy a wrong option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like hospital consultants - Would that make a Pharmacy a wrong option

Hi everyone,

Im considering a career in Pharmacy and would like to ideally go to Kings in 2009.

Want to pick your brains over something bugging me about my new career venture.

I really dislike Hospital Consultants, I find that the majority of them are very arrogant, and quite ruthless particularly towards their peers.

I'm intending to eventually work as a Community Pharmacist, and one of the appeals or so i think is that, I will be nowhere near these arrogant professionals.
    Am I right to make that assumption?

I don't mind GP's as they tend to be a bit more down to earth, but i'm sure they still look down on pharmacists, nurses etc, a little bit. I feel I can handle GP's, but again as a community pharmacist, how much interaction do you have with GP's and what are the areas of conflict?

I would really appreciate some comments from anyone.

Thanks

Matthew
    Last edited by Prospective Student; 24, August 2008, 12:29 PM. Reason: mispelling

Re: I don't like hospital consultants - Would that make a Pharmacy a wrong option

Hi from what you say it is true about some consultants, but just like normal people you get your bad ones and your good ones. To be honest I think most pharmacists have problems with GPs as many are used to being a one person team and some are often very old fashioned and stuck in their ways. But in saying that I have dealt with some very friendly and helpful GPs.

To be honest every doctor you incounter will be different, and the way you approach the situation will make a big difference. But dont not go into pharmacy because you dont want to deal with doctors. If you want to do the job and work with patients then go for it.

Comment

I don't like hospital consultants - Would that make a Pharmacy a wrong option

Thats super advice. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X