Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK to USA

Hey

I am currently doing the MPharm course in the UK but would like to move to the USA after my degree and pre-reg.
    What is the best way of doing this? What additional studying do I need to do there? I know that they are PharmD's but how much longer do I need to study to become a PharmD?

Thank You

Re: UK to USA

the process is complex but entirely possible. have a look in the global section of the forum for info on going to the usa.
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
      the process is complex but entirely possible. have a look in the global section of the forum for info on going to the usa.
      Also article in PJ, but it might have been around (up to) 2 years ago.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Under the new FPGEC regulations, a foreign student has to complete a minimum of 5-years Pharmacy study for holdinh himself eligible for registration as a Pharmacist in the US. And after that requirement, you need to sit for several tests ex the TOEFL and the state tests for Pharmacy. The fifth year shouldn't include the pre-reg. So, i don't think it's quite possible to shift from the UK to the US. Well...that's what i know.

"if you graduated on or after January 1, 2003, you must
        have completed at least a fve-year pharmacy curriculum
        at the time of graduation. Coursework and internships
        completed after graduation will not be considered in
        determining the minimum required curriculum length"

I've quoted that from the bulletin issued by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee of the US. Hope it makes sense!

Comment

Under the new FPGEC regulations, a foreign student has to complete a minimum of 5-years Pharmacy study for holdinh himself eligible for registration as a Pharmacist in the US. And after that requirement, you need to sit for several tests ex the TOEFL and the state tests for Pharmacy. The fifth year shouldn't include the pre-reg. So, i don't think it's quite possible to shift from the UK to the US. Well...that's what i know.

I've quoted that from the bulletin issued by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee of the US. Hope it makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Rishad View Post
            I believe that A' levels count towards this as they are approximately equivalent to the first year of American college but see other posts in the international section.
            Last edited by paul2008; 15, June 2009, 09:02 PM. Reason: typo
            Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
            (T. Pratchett)

Comment

I have graduated with a 4 year degree in 1996. Does that make it easier for me??

Shan :-)

Originally posted by Rishad View Post

[url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X