i want to be a pharmacist?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to be a pharmacist?!

hi was wondering if anyone could help, i know your not admission tutors to univerisity but i was wondering if u could tell me what chances i have of getting in , hopefully will get AAAA in AS of maths , bio, chem and psychology.
    Also what will i learn whilst at uni, i ahev read module titles frm the uni websites but they all sound like gobbledigook to me tbh!!
    thanksxx

Re: i want to be a pharmacist?!

Those are really good grades and if you keep up the work you will def be able to get into university to do pharmacy. My advice would be to do some serious research into what it is like being a pharmacist, ask nicely at your local pharmacy if could shadow the pharmacist for a period of time.

University first year to be honest is pretty much a recap of ALevels, you learn the basic biology, chemistry and maths you will need for the following years, aswell as the basics of pharmacology (the study of what drugs do to our bodies). Over the next three years you will learn alot more of pharmaceutics (the chemistry of medicines and how they are made), pharmacokinetics (what our body does to the drug, i.e. how the body excretes drugs), more advanced pharmacology, clinical aspects of pharmacy, the law of pharmacy and medicines as well as some pharmacognosy (the study of retrieving drugs from plants). Depending on which uni you go to, you will be taught in a different way and in a different order, ie at Brighton (where I am) we do a systems based approach, that is we have a cardiovascular module which we learn about the anatomy of CVS, the diseases, and the drugs used to treat these diseases. Some unis will have seperate pharmacology, pathology and anatomy modules. But at the end of the day you should come out of uni with the same knowledge as any other graduate of pharmacy in this country.

Comment

Hi, I would like to know if in the UK, whether A-level is the only requirement to gain admission into pharmacy schools?
      Are other non-college credit-equivalent credentials also accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by hadfield View Post
        hi was wondering if anyone could help, i know your not admission tutors to univerisity but i was wondering if u could tell me what chances i have of getting in , hopefully will get AAAA in AS of maths , bio, chem and psychology.
        Also what will i learn whilst at uni, i ahev read module titles frm the uni websites but they all sound like gobbledigook to me tbh!!
        thanksxx
        What did you get in English language?

Comment

at GCSE? A* , do they take into consideration GCSE results??

Comment

I think maybe he was questioning that because of the way in which you used the English language.

The whole mix up with 'your' and 'youre' etc. I guess it was short hand with your typing?

Not too sure though. Maybe I'm just wrong...

Also, universities may or may not take your GCSE results into consideration. I think it all depends on the number of applicants by places.

Good luck with the AS results though! They're out on the 14th of August. Not long to wait
            [SIZE="3"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Long road to ruin there in your eyes
            Under the cold streetlights
            No tomorrow, no dead end in sight[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
            X