Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for my Pre-Reg for 2009, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for my Pre-Reg for 2009, need help!

Hi everyone,
    I am finished my third year of pharmacy, and am currently applying for Pre-Reg spots preferably in East Sussex. i have sent my CV to Day Lewis, Sainsburys, Co-op, Waremoss (although missed the 1st June preference date) and Lloyds and Tesco (missed closing date for the two but still sent it anyway, just in-case).
    Presuming that the places available in these pharmacies are going to be very sought after, i was wondering if there is a site for private pharmacies that are offering pre-reg's, as i really really want to stay around Brighton & Hove (or surrounding commutable area), and so would like to secure a place sooner rather than later.

I have searched a directory of pharmacies, and so if nothing else i have a list of addresses of most of the pharmacies in the area so i could print out my CV about 50 times and send it out in the hope that some some of them do pre-registration training and have a place for me, but it would be a whole lot easier if there was an online way to do this!

Am i being unwise in just applying to this small (but not that small) geographical area? as in, is it really that hard to nail down a place?

Re: Applying for my Pre-Reg for 2009, need help!

i am also applying for pre-reg, best of luck mate. i am also worried but managed to get an interview for next week.

if you are limiting your options to some places, go to NPA site and register and then apply to up to 8 independant pharmacies over there. i still have not done it, but i am keeping it as a last option if i could not get a placement with multiples
    i hope this helps, cheers m8
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

You can search the RPSGB register for which pharmacies are registered pre-reg premises by either town or post code.

Might be worth trying and then at least you can see who to target with letters.

Link below:
      Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
      Titch

Comment

Have you looked on the pharmalife website? lots of mall chains and independents there. details in your pharmacy student newsletter.

bess of luck
        Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
        (T. Pratchett)

Comment

wardy, have just sent you a PM

Comment

Check out the adverts in the PJ, often have independent adverts in there, although the quality of some of these is quite poor...

Comment

thanks for all the help folks, i appreciate it. by all means if anyone else has any info, keep it coming....

Comment

Also I think its worth calling a few independant pharmacy's personally and asking them if they got any prereg places for the year you want, especially if theres one especially close to you that you would like to do a prereg at. At least this way you'll know they're taking any prereggers or not.
                [URL="http://www.pharmacyknowledge.co.uk"]www.pharmacyknowledge.co.uk[/URL] A guide for preregistration students [URL="http://www.pharmacyknowledge.co.uk"]Pharmacy Exam[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                X