compeed patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compeed patch

hi guys, anyone got any experience of the compede cold sore patch? no active ingredients? anyone heard of it being combined with aciclovir?

Re: compeed patch

i tried them out myself. they seem to be a small hydrocolloid type dressing - not much use if you're applying aciclovir cream as well.
    Best thing to do is try aciclovir at the first tingle, if the coldsore erupts then use the patch - it does seem to help a bit with healing.
    Downside is up close it looks like you've eaten a sandwich wrapper and left the sticker on your face!
    Mrs_Dispensalot tried em too but they don't even cover well with makeup
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
      Mrs_Dispensalot tried em too but they don't even cover well with makeup
      Shouldn't that be Lady_Dispensalot?

I've never used the patches myself, but saw a woman in work wearing one - I thought it looked worse than the cold sore itself did :S
      wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

I use them, besause I don't find aciclovir or penciclovir work.
        The compeed coldsore patches are just a small circle of what I call "sticky-back clingfilm", but what we know as tegaderm or opsite; there isn't really any hydrocolloid gel on them.
        My experience of them is quite positive; although they don't seem to make the coldsores heal up any faster, they certainly reduce the pain, stop them scabbing over and then cracking open as soon as you smile!
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Working...
        X