"Alternative" Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Alternative" Customers

I have met a couple of very different customers this week, and thought I'd share the experience with you all.

So to the first one. I heard a mans voice say "excuse me can you give me some help" and turned around with my usual firendly smile to offer help. I was faced with a guy dressed in a frock, wig, make up, nails the lot done. He was obviously a trans-sexual or cross dresser. Now I must put at this point that I am an open minded individual, and hold nothing against anyone who wants to be different, but this was a bit of a shock! My problem was that to be honest I wanted to laugh, well I didn't want to, but I nearly did if you see what I mean. I kept my professional head on, and answered his questions. He was very polite and thanked me for my help. The point is just keep professional at all times, and put away any laughing type of thoughts. It wasn't the fact that he was dressed as a woman that made me want to laugh, but he looked like one of the guys from the bounty ad on TV (the wipes not the chocolate bar), so wasn't a very convincing woman. This is the second guy dressed as a woman I have ever met, so I feel I did ok and will be better prepared next time!

The second person said to me "I suffer from gastric reflux, and wonder if you can give me any advice on how I can help myself". This seemed a sensible reasonable request from a normal intelligent woman. I went through all the usual stuff, like food/alcohol/smoking etc etc etc to which she kept replying "done that!". She then started telling me about her "condition". She had a big grin on her face and said to me "the acid comes up through my stomach, goes up the front of my face, runs around my eyes and back down into my lungs!". What can you say to that! It's impossible! She then went on to list all the Dr's she was under, including a lung surgeon, stomach surgeon etc etc etc When she left I wondered if she had Munchausen syndrome? She definitely liked being ill ! But she didn't seem ill.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: "Alternative" Customers

And you didn't suggest taking Coaspidrole or Pentafroxifrusibite? -->

Comment

Had a guy come in a few weeks ago wearing an earring, but he had his entire ear lobe stretched around the ring. The ring itself was about 4 inches in diameter. How he got that round the ring I'll never know.
      http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        "the acid comes up through my stomach, goes up the front of my face, runs around my eyes and back down into my lungs!".
        sounds like a case for NHS direct
        ....just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          Had a guy come in a few weeks ago wearing an earring, but he had his entire ear lobe stretched around the ring. The ring itself was about 4 inches in diameter. How he got that round the ring I'll never know.
          Very popular around here (OK at the local Co-op). Just keep stretching and increasing the size of the ring.

Jeff

Comment

I was faced with a guy dressed in a frock, wig, make up, nails the lot done. He was obviously a trans-sexual or cross dresser.
            I think technically it is more correct to refer to the person as the gender they are dressed, ie SHE not he in this case. Single equality bill and all that...

Comment

I have met a couple of very different customers this week, and thought I'd share the experience with you all.

So to the first one. I heard a mans voice say "excuse me can you give me some help" and turned around with my usual firendly smile to offer help. I was faced with a guy dressed in a frock, wig, make up, nails the lot done. He was obviously a trans-sexual or cross dresser. Now I must put at this point that I am an open minded individual, and hold nothing against anyone who wants to be different, but this was a bit of a shock! My problem was that to be honest I wanted to laugh, well I didn't want to, but I nearly did if you see what I mean. I kept my professional head on, and answered his questions. He was very polite and thanked me for my help. The point is just keep professional at all times, and put away any laughing type of thoughts. It wasn't the fact that he was dressed as a woman that made me want to laugh, but he looked like one of the guys from the bounty ad on TV (the wipes not the chocolate bar), so wasn't a very convincing woman. This is the second guy dressed as a woman I have ever met, so I feel I did ok and will be better prepared next time!
              In Sheffield they say "It takes Allsorts to make a world, and Bassetts make them best".
              My old mentor used to say, "as long as it puts money in the till".
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

reminds me of that patient who was on a load of progynova (our tax money) to do the shift. He got very stroppy when we kept using his male name insisting we should call him julia now...We had another one who was on very high dose of premarin for the same reason, but he/she was much nicer..

Comment

We have a male customer whose given name is Beverley and no he's not had a gendre reasignment, it's his real birth name. Most of us know his preferred name and call out his chosen name.
                  Admin I bet you bust your sides when that guy/gal left, did you ever wonder if he/she was doing it for a bet?
                  Make some one smile today.

Comment

Beverley Nichols was a newspaper journalist. No one had any problem with his name.
                    johnep

Comment

I think I've waited on a fair few transexuals in my time, but perhaps I'm unusual in that I've been quite good friends with several.

Dominic Davies, in his ground-breaking book "Pink Therapy" says that the rate-limiting step in getting to know people with different sexualities and genders, is to try and think of them in terms of their sexuality, NOT in terms of their gender.

So there are men who dress as women (Transvestite) yet who remain as male (perhaps bisexual males, but still male) and "women born in men's bodies" (who may or may not have had the op, etc) who certainly come across as female.

There are correspondingly males trapped in female bodies also.

Because of their experiences in life, and their need to understand themselves, get their therapy done, keep their heads straight, they are usually very psychologically aware and high-functioning people.
                      ....just my opinion

Comment

lots of ' lady boys' in malaysia and thailand. gotta admit it is not easy to recognize some of them.
                        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Shwampa View Post
                          He got very stroppy when we kept using his male name insisting we should call him julia now
                          So WTF don't you call her Julia? Is it really that difficult to pronounce - or do you just enjoy upsetting patients?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                            Beverley Nichols was a newspaper journalist. No one had any problem with his name.
                            johnep
                            Our customer DOES have a problem with his given name of Beverley, so we call him by his chosen name.
                            Each to their own.
                            Make some one smile today.

Comment

Boys are Francis, girls are Frances, Boys are Leslie girls are Lesley, boys are Ashley (gone with the wind and Corrie) girls are Ashlie.

Therefore Beverley is a boy and Bevelie is a girl, or is it the reverse?

Someone looking for a childs name should know this, 40 years since we did.
                              johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X