X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoggite
    replied
    my patients testing my patience!

This afternoon little old Mrs X came to the Pharmacy on her mobility scooter and explained to my counter staff that I "had asked to see her" (quote); so I was fetched, puzzled, as I didn't remember any such request, and Mrs X pointed to the bag label on the prescription bag that we had delivered her meds in yesterday: "Please ask our Pharmacist for advice", it says, as it does on every bag label...!
    Aaaahhh, bless!

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    My Good Day

I forgot to put I was in wales at the shop Zo works at!

Ok only kidding............ :twisted:

No I have to admit I did enjoy the day!

Well Ok I'd rather be playing golf..........

Leave a comment:

• Zoggite
    replied
    a good day's work

So my Pharmacy isn't just an isolated case, then!
    I actually got one of the local surgery's receptionists to make us a brew today; granted, it was in OUR staffroom, using OUR kettle and OUR teabags, but still, but still, it was much appreciated, bless his cotton socks!(yes, a male receptionist! they DO exist! and he's brilliant at his job, too!)

Leave a comment:

• admin
    started a topic A Good Day in The Pharmacy

A Good Day in The Pharmacy

I worked at a really good pharmacy yesterday, and thought I'd write a bit about it.

I arrived early about ten minutes before it opened, and an old guy was waiting outside. It was very cold so I told him we didn't open yet, and he asked if he could leave his prescription with me. I agreed and he was really grateful, agreeing to return later. It's always nice to be thanked if you do someone a favour, and puts you in a good mood for the day.

So we opened and got to work on the prescription's going for delivery. During the morning one of the GP's came in and was a friendly guy. We had a chat and off he went.

This pharmacy runs a minor ailments scheme, where we can prescrible from a limited list for people. How the surgery next to the pharmacy operates this, is it sends all people who walk in hoping to get an appointment with the GP to us first. I had about 15 people throughtout the day for this. I give them a quick interview, then either provide some medication, or fill in a short form and refer them back to the Dr's. One of the receptionists even rang me back asking my opinion of if somebody's condition was urgent, or could it wait until tomorrow.

This scheme not only helps the patient, as they can get seen in the pharmacy, and don't have to wait for an appointment, but it helps the surgery as it weeds out everyone with a cold etc and I can deal with them. It also made me feel important and valued!

In the afternoon the practice nurse popped in and we had a chat about all sorts, from dressings to smoking cessation!

The only person I couldn't help was a guy who had no real symptoms except he had a few aches (that had just started) and sounded like he had a cold coming on. I advised him to just take some paracetamol, but he still wasn't happy. I didn't refer him officially, as he didn't need to see a Dr but told him if he wanted to go back for an appointment that was his choice. I suspected he had a condition which is commonly referred to as "man flu". All you pharmacists need to be aware of this potential fatal condition!

We carried on all afternoon, dispensing prescriptions, helping people and general pharmacy work. The staff were excellent and very efficient, and the customers really thanked me for my help. Like I say it makes a big difference to be valued, and I came away tired, but feeling I had done a good job and satisfied with my days work.
Working...
X