Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working as a Pharmacist in the UK.

Hello everyone,
    I am a pharmacist from Pakistan, and has been working here as a dispenser for 2 years now. This year i have got my approval to go for OSPAP (overseas registeration course) from the royal pharmaceutical society, and i will be doing that in 2007 session hopefully. My question is how to apply for the pre reg places for 2008, as i m not going to the university yet and i 've heard that deadline for some pharmacies was this november..I am currently working at boots, and want to do my pre reg there, but i donno the procedure how to apply for it..

Can anyone please help me in this regard....
    Thanks

Hi Suri,

Contact the prereg team at the RPSGB. They have a list of accredited training locations and tutors and will point you in the right direction.

Rich.
    _____

Comment

Hi Rich,
      Thanks for your reply..I will do that..

Comment

Pre-reg Place for OSPAP

Hi Suri,

I am a OSPAP student currently doing my course. My first information for you about pre-registration places is not to worry as you will get it even if you miss the deadline. As for BTC the normal deadline would be end of June 2007 for the next intake (This may change). You should contact your superiors at your work place as they may help you a lot. In order to apply for BTC you should apply online at the careers website when it is open (check the site regularly). The web site will be reopen for OSPAP's during the month of October (But you wont have the benefit of getting the location of choice) So I reckon you should apply early. All the best

Comment

hi niran,

Thanks for your help... Anyways where r u doing ur OSPAP course. And how r u finding it? Are u working part time or just studying..? And have u got ur place for pre reg..? Sorry i m asking so many questions...

Comment

Re: Pre reg places for overseas pharmacist?

can u do the ospap and the pre-reg same time? or it is 2 year period before registering?\
            thanks

Comment

You have to complete and pass the OSPAP before you are allowed to pre-reg.
              Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
              (T. Pratchett)

Comment

this is SAMIR from india .
                i like to apply for ospap.
                would u like to guide me for job prospects after registration in uk?
                pls reply...................

Comment

Re: Pre-reg Place for OSPAP

i feel little bit worry for applying in ospap.......
                  i confuse about job after registration in uk..........
                  pls guide me as possible as you can.............

Comment

Working as a Pharmacist in the UK.

I am a student from China, considering pharmacist as a career, and I wanna work in UK. But I don't know how to make myself qualified.

I know I have to get a 4years pharmacy degree, so is it a Master degree of pharmacy??

Since I study chemistry in China and will get a BS degree, am I qulified to apply to the uni's pharmacy school??]

In all ,is it too difficult. I mean do I have to become a UK citizen??

Thanks anyway

Comment

Pre-registration

Hi everybody!

I am a young pharmacist from Romania who wants to come to Uk.Can anyone give me a few informations about the pre-registration program (period for applying, salary, pharmacies that have a good trainee program) ? Thank you.

Comment

Re: Pre-registration

Getting a bit monotonous these enquiries. Could we not have a sticky with the necessary info?
                        johnep

Comment

Re: How to become a pharmacist as an international student??

Yet another hopeful!
                          johnep

Comment

If you were me you woudn't say that this is monotonous. Every one has his/her own problems and looks for an answer. If that bothers you or others you should say that and everybody will stop sending messages like mine. Anyway I appologies for this monotonous message.

Comment

Fair enough. You need to contact the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (Rpsgb.org: Contact us) about the legal issues. I know Romania is part of the EU, but in the back of my mind there's something special about working requirements.

As regards employment, if you want to work in community, then contact one of the big chains (Alliance-Boots, Lloyds, National Co-op, Rowlands). If you are interested in hospital, then decide roughly where in UK you would like to go, find a hospital (or hospitals) in that area and contact the pharmacy dept direct.

Comment

Working...
                              X