Career advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career advice needed.

hi guys ,i want some guidance about how to start the acreer in the pharmacy(as a support staff) as i,m a new mom and i can not afford to go to the uni .actually i want to do the pharmacy technician course(from butter cups) but before that i thought that i will do the dispencer assisstant corse first .as i haven't got any job yet ,i've got no experience of pharmacy but i really want to make my career in pharmacy .can u please answer my questions
    1) what do u suggest about doing the course from butter cups (dispencing assisstant course)?
    2) is it the nice idea to do this course before pharmcy technician ?
    3) how and where do i approach the employer or any hospital to give me part time job to complete these courses?
    4) as dont have any experience in this field but my educational background is good how i make my cv effective to get the job as a trainee?

i will be very thank full if u give me any advise please.

Re: want to start from basic

I would have thought three strikes and you should be off.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      I would have thought three strikes and you should be off.
      johnep
      I have deleted the other three posts. Please stick to one post per question.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Re: Career advice needed.

Originally posted by new mom View Post
        hi guys ,i want some guidance about how to start the acreer in the pharmacy(as a support staff) as i,m a new mom and i can not afford to go to the uni .actually i want to do the pharmacy technician course(from butter cups) but before that i thought that i will do the dispencer assisstant corse first .as i haven't got any job yet ,i've got no experience of pharmacy but i really want to make my career in pharmacy .can u please answer my questions
        1) what do u suggest about doing the course from butter cups (dispencing assisstant course)?
        3) how and where do i approach the employer or any hospital to give me part time job to complete these courses?
        4) as dont have any experience in this field but my educational background is good how i make my cv effective to get the job as a trainee?

You need to get a pharmacy job before you start any course, and you will probably find that most will require full-time (or nearly so). The courses involve a lot of practical training, becoming experienced, learning the procedures and gaining confidence. Most employers will also ask you to sign a contract that you will work for a certain period after qualifying or return the course fees.

I hope that helps you with some answers and also gives you clues on how to phrase your CV. By the way, because it is an exacting job, most pharmacists will expect neat and tidy CV with good grammar and spelling.
        There are also lots of sites on the internet that will give you advice on how to write a general job application.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by new mom View Post

Buttercups is a very experienced provider, and I'm sure that if you contact them (if I recall right the owner is a Vanessa Kingsbury) they'll give you good advice, based on your current qualifications.
          You are going to need a job, though as the courses are based around practical work.
          Is it possible to find a job-share partner?
          Bear in mind, though "New Mom" that you've only recently taken on one demanding job (mother) and you're thinking about moving into something else which could be demanding, and which must take you out of the house. You're going to need robust child-care arrangements.

Contact your nearest hospital (either Human Resources or the Pharmacy Department direct) and one or two local pharmacies. Boots training department is (or used to be) very good, and a good independent will use the NPA (again very good).
          Hospitals quite often have good child-care support.

Do get your cv & application letters looking tidy, though. Even emails (to employers at any rate) should be in good English!
          Last edited by the old merlin; 18, December 2007, 07:16 AM. Reason: Further & better thoughts

Comment

thanks very much for ur encouragement

Comment

thank u for ur guidance

Comment

dear admin i need some guidance from so many people

Comment

Working...
                X