Few Questions from Pharmacy Hopeful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions from Pharmacy Hopeful!

hey people, jus got accepted into london school of pharmacy starting 08'...have a few questions tho. i read alot of the threads on working in community and such but does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to open up your own pharmacy? and how much more would you be earning from owning ur own pharmacy rather than working full time in one? also, i read about people saying getting P.hD if you wana work in industry...what kinda employers are we taling about here? like GSK? and also, surely a PhD isnt like Msc Or a Bsc...dont you have to like discover something new to gain a PhD? i read somewhere, that there thinking about giving alot more power to pharmacists in order to take a load of GP's is this true? thanks in advance!

Re: Few Questions from Pharmacy Hopeful!

These are questions you could have raised at interview. Owning your own shop now a bit like opening an airline. want to make a million? then start with two million.
    100 hour pharmacies about only option left. However, if Tony Schofield can do it and has told how he did, then so can you.
    However, fewer and fewer existing pharmacies available as snapped up by multiples.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      These are questions you could have raised at interview. Owning your own shop now a bit like opening an airline. want to make a million? then start with two million.
      100 hour pharmacies about only option left. However, if Tony Schofield can do it and has told how he did, then so can you.
      However, fewer and fewer existing pharmacies available as snapped up by multiples.
      johnep
      Other opportunities exist beyond dispensing as well. Think of a pharmacy degree beyond dispensing young skywalker.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

thanks but what about the other questions? :P

Comment

You really should have asked these at interview, particularly re Ph.D.
          A Ph.D is to teach you how to carry ot research. You are usually given a project of your tutors choice. Mine would have been micelles and phospholipids which led to liquid crystals.
          Do noy try to run before you can walk. You will need a 2:1 to be considered for research.
          With regards to industry, not much left now in UK. All gone to Eastern Europe, India and China.
          johnep

Comment

Working...
          X