zoloft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoloft

i have been taking zoloft (depression) and i have had some problems reaching a sexual orgasm. would another medication help with my depression yet eliminate this side effect? i feel better on the zoloft at least so far

Re: zoloft

Originally posted by jeffradd View Post
    i have been taking zoloft (depression) and i have had some problems reaching a sexual orgasm. would another medication help with my depression yet eliminate this side effect? i feel better on the zoloft at least so far
    OK you're from the US (which explains my confusion about the QD dose) - Wellbrutin (check the spelling) was marketed there as an antidepressant less likely to affect your sex life.
    However it was never marketed in the UK as an antidepressant - so no idea if it's true or was just marketing.
    In the UK it's used to help people stop smoking (Zyban)

Jeff

Comment

All SSRIs can cause sexual side effects. Clinically, people may notice this with one vs. another for whatever reason. I do not think zoloft is more prone to do this vs. prozac, paxil or celexa. You have two options here: 1) Mental health professionals I work with tend to augment the SSRIs with wellbutrin (bupropion) if sexual side effects occur in the setting of partial response to the SSRI (which is your case). You can augment with 75mg qd to start, then bid. 2) If you choose to try a different SSRI, celexa may be worthwhile as clinically, in my experience, it is tolerated well and you don't have to worry so much about drug-drug interactions.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffradd View Post
        Not drug related but you could always try CBT

#e.g.

Living Life to the Full

Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X