Maxolon- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxolon- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride,

Please can you tell me if one of the side effects of this anti-sickness drug -drownsiness is very strong, does it actually sedate you like diphenhydramine or does it work in another way.

Does this make you feel gross and groggy like sleeping pills such as Nytol.

Also, finally does this effect wear off eventually once your body becomes used to it.

Thanks

Re: Maxolon- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride,

Originally posted by Naheeda View Post
    Please can you tell me if one of the side effects of this anti-sickness drug -drownsiness is very strong, does it actually sedate you like diphenhydramine or does it work in another way.

Does this make you feel gross and groggy like sleeping pills such as Nytol.

Also, finally does this effect wear off eventually once your body becomes used to it.

Thanks
    Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways, and it's impossible to know exactly how it will effect you. Drowsiness is one of the possible side effects that are known to be associated with this metoclopramide, but because a side effect is stated, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or indeed any side effect.

In my experience, most people do not find excessive drowsiness a problem from this drug, and the body does get tolerant to these kinds of side effects quickly.

If I were you, and I needed this drug, I'd try it and see. Metoclopramide Hydrochloride is a type of medicine called a dopamine antagonist. It is an anti-emetic medicine, meaning it is used to treat nausea and vomiting. It does not work in the same way as diphenhydramine (the active drug in Nytol) which is a sedating anti-histamine.

I hope this is useful, and if you need any more info just ask.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Re: Maxolon- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride,

Originally posted by Naheeda View Post
      How old are you and why are you taking it?

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X