Class A Drug Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class A Drug Sale

Apparently next year Pharmacists will be able to sell herion etc.
    Is this true?
    Also they will be given gp status.
    the universities hve followed this and moved their requirements up to join do the course the same as a doctor and a dentists

Re: Class A Drug Sale

Not sure where you heard any of that.

If you have any links or references to say that any of those things are going to happen please post them here.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
      Not sure where you heard any of that.

If you have any links or references to say that any of those things are going to happen please post them here.
      I was argueing with a freind about the requirements to do Pharmacy. They went up, I asked why and he presented me with those reasons. They are the reasons more and more want to do pharmacy, so requirements have been up'ed. Although I'll speak to him furthur about it and try to get some evidence

Comment

Originally posted by firestar View Post
        Apparently next year Pharmacists will be able to sell herion etc.
        Is this true?
        Also they will be given gp status.
        the universities hve followed this and moved their requirements up to join do the course the same as a doctor and a dentists
        Well....we won't quite be allowed to sell heroin. But pharmacists are increasingly having prescriber roles, and will be allowed to prescribe controlled drugs (including diamorphine (chemical heroin)).

Comment

Entry requirement are actually just a reflection of the number of applicants a course has. The higher the number of applicants, then the higher the grades are to get in. If you look at some universities like Nottingham, Bath etc you'll find that the entry requirements are quite high but in others, the entry requirements are as low as 3 C grades.

Comment

At Bath the Sports Science degree used to have AAA entry - not a reflection of graduate prospects but more simple supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
              Well....we won't quite be allowed to sell heroin. But pharmacists are increasingly having prescriber roles, and will be allowed to prescribe controlled drugs (including diamorphine (chemical heroin)).
              Yes it's not something a Pharmacist would just initiate; presumably those who receive it for cancer pain etc will get a "prescription authorisation" from their Doctor. As opposed to waiting for the repeat Rx to be signed and taken to the Pharmacy. No doubt it will be done electronically direct from Doctor to Pharmacy; it would make sense giving the Pharmacist more automony to dispense regular CD's to patients without an actual paper FP10 everytime.

This is just my opinion as a normal member of the public though; it does not represent that of actual Pharmacists. Significant legslative changes would have to be made for the Pharmacist to take over repeat medication scripting entirely.

You also have the dilema of responsibility; does such a system place even more risk of litigation over the Pharmacist. What level of responsibility/competence is expected of the GP if he is only producing an "authorised list" of repeat drugs instead of signing the scripts himself?

mr_colt.

Comment

At moment pharmacy is regarded as a 'science' and the course is funded as such. medical courses receive double the funding.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  At moment pharmacy is regarded as a 'science' and the course is funded as such. medical courses receive double the funding.
                  johnep
                  Perhaps we could invent a degree called "Forensic Pharmacy" in the UK? After all "Forensic" science degrees are the only ones getting any decent funding these days (waiting with baited glee for the day the forensic bubble bursts.)

After all it exists en masse in the US already: Forensic Pharmacist

So why not flood the limited UK market with a few more thousand graduates armed with entirely useless degrees? Which conveniently won't meet "US standards" for approval there. I'm not saying people at university are wasting their time and having it easy but; these universities are blatantly ignoring how many jobs will be avaliable within the next few years. Likely a fraction of the number of graduates thats for sure.

Then the obscene profit-driven universities might realise that tuition-fee and subsidy chasing has cost them dear; and that it will never make-up for the economic loss they made for selling the useful Science faculties and their decent degrees down the river. I could count the number of English universities offering a degree in pure Chemistry in single figures as of last year.

mr_colt.

Comment

Welcome to the forum..

May I ask which website the temazepam you mentioned was purchased from?
                    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by H4U2C
                      Impossible, never will you be able to buy HEROIN online, hell try purchasing TEMAZEPAM a class B benzodiazepine and even thats hard to find.
                      I think your confusing the issue with online pharmacies; which is something different altogether.

mr_colt.

Comment

In pharmacy we call it schedule 2. Class A is a copper thing.
                        MUR

Major Underestimation of Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Jen the 3rd View Post
                          In pharmacy we call it schedule 2. Class A is a copper thing.
                          I was just thinking the same myself

mr_colt.

Comment

pholcodeine is class B, one higher than cannabis!!!
                            We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by H4U2C View Post
                              Impossible, never will you be able to buy HEROIN online, hell try purchasing TEMAZEPAM a class B benzodiazepine and even thats hard to find.
                              Actually, I've bought opiates online plenty of times - morphine, oxycodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone to name a few...it's just a matter of knowing where to look. Benzos are even easier to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X