Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tadalafil with Propranolol Safe ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tadalafil with Propranolol Safe ?

    Hi , I currently take a drug called tadalafil 2.5 mg daily for erection problem. I have been taking for only a week and all seems ok with side effects. However I forgot to mention to the doctor that I occasionally take propranolol 10mg to hep with break through anxiety that I get for situational things. This is on a intermittent basis. I’m still on the same propranolol packet that was prescribed a year ago so the doctor probably assumes I don’t take them anymore. They are more of a first aid measure these days!
    Is this combination safe to take occasionally ?

    thanks in advance

  • #2
    ED meds usually only taken an hour or so before intimacy.
    johnep

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by johnep View Post
      ED meds usually only taken an hour or so before intimacy.
      johnep
      Doctor said take once a day as these allow for intimacy at anytime!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Trevor 123 View Post
        Hi , I currently take a drug called tadalafil 2.5 mg daily for erection problem. I have been taking for only a week and all seems ok with side effects. However I forgot to mention to the doctor that I occasionally take propranolol 10mg to hep with break through anxiety that I get for situational things. This is on a intermittent basis. I’m still on the same propranolol packet that was prescribed a year ago so the doctor probably assumes I don’t take them anymore. They are more of a first aid measure these days!
        Is this combination safe to take occasionally ?

        thanks in advance
        Hi Trevor

        A 2.5mg daily dose is recommended for people having sex at least twice a week, so you’re fine on that. I’ve checked and there’s no drug interaction with propranolol (I didn’t think there was but checked anyway) so you should be fine. I doubt you’ll be taking the propranolol around “that time” anyway. If you want to read more try this link.

        https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/tadalafil.html
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by admin View Post
          Hi Trevor

          A 2.5mg daily dose is recommended for people having sex at least twice a week, so you’re fine on that. I’ve checked and there’s no drug interaction with propranolol (I didn’t think there was but checked anyway) so you should be fine. I doubt you’ll be taking the propranolol around “that time” anyway. If you want to read more try this link.

          https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/tadalafil.html
          hi thank you for your reply. I followed the link u gave and it says: Both tadalafil and propranolol can increase the risk of hypotension ? Although I’m not personally worried as it’s looks like I’m on very low doses. Thanks again.

          Comment


          • admin
            admin commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn’t worry about that. Propranolol 10mg isn’t going to effect your BP and neither will such a small tadalafil dose. If you’re concerned get it checked at the GP surgery, in a pharmacy or purchase a home BP meter.

        • #6
          Originally posted by johnep View Post
          ED meds usually only taken an hour or so before intimacy.
          johnep
          The original ones. This is taken daily at this dose and so allows for more spontaneity as will work whenever required. Look at up to date info on this drug.

          Comment


          • #7
            Oh dear, shows how out of touch I have become.
            johnep

            Comment

            Working...
            X