Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamelle question

Hi,

Sorry for intruding, but I simply can't find the answer to this anywhere. I know Clamelle has been released and some pharmacies are participating. However I've tried Boots here in Glasgow and they are not yet. Can anyone tell me where in Scotland I can get this test kit or when Boots in Scotland will participate ? I think the Boots stores in England already do.

Thanks.

Re: Clamelle question

Have you tried internet pharmacies or asking your local pct where it is available from?
    Make some one smile today.

Comment

Search results

Boots.com link above might help. Boots people can't get the internet at work, but |I don't mind helping them out occasionally!
      ....just my opinion

Comment

Hi,

I know I can get the test kit online, but I wanted to be able to get the treatment over the counter if the results came back positive. Thats the whole point of the clamelle program. The anonymity and ease of use of over the counter tests/treatment is what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by GT100 View Post
          Hi,

I know I can get the test kit online, but I wanted to be able to get the treatment over the counter if the results came back positive. Thats the whole point of the clamelle program. The anonymity and ease of use of over the counter tests/treatment is what I'm looking for.
          I see your point. Sorry, I didn't think it through.

The blurp supplied in the Clamelle Key Facts brochure indicates that you will need a positive test result to purchase the antibiotic treatment, and go over a questionaire. That questionnaire, which I am looking at now, includes a name and address section, which "SHOULD be requested" and where information about partner(s) would (quite properly) be requested. Not quite the anonymity and ease of use you were looking for, I'm afraid.

I think the most anonymous way to get a supply would be to take a positive test to a NHS walk in centre, after phoning first, of course, just in case they have other ideas, or to a STD clinic. You could go to another city, that is quite commonly done. Giving false details would be frowned upon, but is also quite commonly done.

I hope that has been of more help?
          ....just my opinion

Comment

Thanks David, I know I have other options, but really wanted to know which pharmacies were participating in this program. I think I might need to contact the company direct.

Comment

Originally posted by GT100 View Post
              ...really wanted to know which pharmacies were participating in this program.
              Well, I don't think anyone is up to speed on this yet. Certainly the shops I'm currently locuming for are not. Although its a peak time for Chlamydia, IMHO, most of us are just trying to keep up.

I notice they are likely to Retail at around £20, so I suspect that it will be another zocor heart-pro in my area (ie go nowhere), but what it will do is "oil the wheels" to allow us to prescribe it under a direction from the PCT, for a prescription charge (or free). Once a drug is licensed for sale, and is useful, its only a matter of time.
              ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
              X