Lymecycline with food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lymecycline with food

Basically I can only swallow capsules with a small piece of food. Is it okay to take lymecycline with a bit of food? I've read up on contradicting views about this. If anyone could tell me if I can or not that would be great.

Re: Lymecycline with food

i haven't got a martindale easily to hand but from what i can recall lymecycline behaves almost exactly like tetracycline. Food is ok but milk should be avoided, as should antacids, iron, magnesium and zinc salts. I would have thought that a bit of bread with margarine on it would be ok to use for swallowing your capsule.

However for a more definitive answer use your uni library! Go and have a nosey in the martindale in the reference section - it'll help you get used to book-diving for answers on the fly - just like we have to out on the frontlines!
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
      i haven't got a martindale easily to hand but from what i can recall lymecycline behaves almost exactly like tetracycline. Food is ok but milk should be avoided, as should antacids, iron, magnesium and zinc salts. I would have thought that a bit of bread with margarine on it would be ok to use for swallowing your capsule.

However for a more definitive answer use your uni library! Go and have a nosey in the martindale in the reference section - it'll help you get used to book-diving for answers on the fly - just like we have to out on the frontlines!
      Probably OK with a slice of toast, but not Jam/Marmalade as the pectin might cause problems. (Tetracycline not advised with Kaolin+Pectate)

Right from that very book...
      Lymecycline is a tetracycline derivative with general properties similar to those of tetracycline. Although its absorption is not significantly affected by moderate amounts of milk, it is still affected by divalent and trivalent cations such as aluminium, bismuth, calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I used to take lymecycline for acne... I had a big problem with regurgitation... a few mins after taking it.. i would burp and the dry powder from inside the capsule used to come all up into my mouth.. and it had a disgusting taste.. i

s this a common occurrence ?????

Comment

yes very common if the capsule isn't swallowed with sufficient water. Many capsules do this if 'dry swallowed'.
          It's a bit rarer if you take it with a full glass of water but could potentially still happen.
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X