Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contraceptive pill

Hey,
    Am currently taking the combined pill Femodene & a while ago missed one of my active pills in the last week. It advises to continue straight onto the next set of active pills & discard the white inactive ones, however when i got to the end of the active ones i had forgotten this & went onto my inactive pills. I ended up taking the full week of inactive pills & then went onto my next set. My query is how long do i have to wait until i am fully protected again? The guidebook says nothing about this!
    Cheers,
    Lindsey

Re: contraceptive pill

If you have so much trouble taking the pill properly, you should think about going back to the GP and requesting an implanon implant instead. Once you get the rod put in your arm, you can forget about it for a few years.

Seriously, if you took the pill wrongly this time, it is extremely likely you will do it again. That's why so many young girls are pushing prams! Get the implant and save yourself the grief.

implanon

Comment

Cheers for your reply, though i've been on the pill for a few years now & this is the first time i've forgotten! I am normally responsible with it. Have just been under a lot stress lately. My query in this instance was just to find out how long it would take to be fully protected after starting the next pack. That said i've looked into the implant as you suggested & it has given me something to think about for the future so cheers for that,
      Lindsey
      Last edited by gavin.starr; 20, April 2008, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I need more information:

When in the cycle did you miss your pill? First week, second or third?

Or a rule of thumb - take the active pills for two weeks and the protection is back again for sure.

Implanon is a good idea. I considered it, but it makes a woman have her periods as normal (every month), and I have really bad periods, so I do 3 strips and then have the period.

As you're on Femodenem, the implanon could be something to consider. And if you change your mind, you can always ask to get it removed.

Comment

Hey, sorry if i wasn't clear enough, i missed it during my last week of active pills, so the third week of the pack.

Comment

I think it should be ok, because it's the last week of the pill and you only missed one.

Comment

Missing a pill in the first 7 days or last 7 days of your pill cycle is the most crutial time to miss one!! As you missed your pill in the last seven days the contraceptive effect would of been lowered and therefore that is why they dont recommend taking the 7 day break as this puts you more at risk. So as long as you have not had unprotected intercourse in the 7 days that you were taking the inactive pills, you should start your next pack as normal, and after a week your contraceptive effect will be back to normal again,,
              I hope this makes sence.
              So just for info if you miss a pill (i.e. are more than 12hrs late) in the first or third week (even one!!!) you should take the pill you forgot immediately and then your next pill as normal, but you need to use extra precaution for seven days, or in the case of the third week skip the break and go straight on to the next pack.
              If its the middle week you are less at risk because by this time your ovaries are dormant after the first week of tablets, so it is not as crutial as the other weeks..

Hope this helps, if you have any other queries please contact me!! X

Comment

I'm sorry for the wrong information. I had the feeling that the last week was the safest because the ovaries had been loaded with hormones for two weeks. I'll have to refresh my contraceptive training.

Comment

Working...
                X