Prescription Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription Query

I've had a quick search but can't find my question, so sorry if I am going over stuff that has been asked before.

I recieved a prescription for 90 tablets today and went to have it dispensed. They did not have the full amount, so they gave me what they had (22) and an owings slip for the outstanding tablets... fair enough. When I got home and checked what I had been given I realised that the owing slip was only made out for 62 tabs, which makes 84... 6 short.

6 tablets is more or less a weeks supply and with the price having gone up again today I want to get my moneys worth. Is it normal to alter the amount on a script like this or is it worth me pushing for the full amount when I go to collect what I am owed?

Re: Prescription Query

Normally all done by the computer. If you have the label on the box and the owing slip, they should add up to what was prescribed. I would simply check with the pharmacy in case of simple arithmetical error.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by chrisc View Post
      I've had a quick search but can't find my question, so sorry if I am going over stuff that has been asked before.

I recieved a prescription for 90 tablets today and went to have it dispensed. They did not have the full amount, so they gave me what they had (22) and an owings slip for the outstanding tablets... fair enough. When I got home and checked what I had been given I realised that the owing slip was only made out for 62 tabs, which makes 84... 6 short.

6 tablets is more or less a weeks supply and with the price having gone up again today I want to get my moneys worth. Is it normal to alter the amount on a script like this or is it worth me pushing for the full amount when I go to collect what I am owed?
      I suspect that 84 is 3 calendar packs of 28. If that is the case there is no obligation to give 90
      If it's a calendar pack - the nearest whole number of strips will do.

My preference is not mess around snipping off days of the week - but I don't think it's usually worth arguing about.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think they are calendar packs, it's lymecycline... which I think is boxes of 28 or 56? I can understand if they didn't want to be left with split packs but surely they are going to have to split a pack to make up the remaining 62, so that doesn't make sense. Hopefully just a mistake as johnep said.

Cheers

Comment

I have the feeling that it is a calender pack. The splitting of calender packs causes problems with the filing of prescriptions, but if you ask to be given the full amount (90) the pharmacy most likely will do that for you.

Comment

Working...
          X