Electronic prescription service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic prescription service

Hi everyone. I am currently a third year student undertaking a dissertation in the use, benefits, concerns and implementation of the electronic prescription service.
    I am looking for Pharmacists or anyone affected by the EPS, willing to fill in a short questionnaire to aid me with my study. Just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to help me. Thanks for your time.

Re: Electronic prescription service

would love to air my concerns regarding EPS!

Comment

Brilliant.thanks for the reply. Would you be able to give me your e-mail adress so i could send you one?

Comment

sent a Private Message

Comment

Originally posted by will_davies View Post
          Hi everyone. I am currently a third year student undertaking a dissertation in the use, benefits, concerns and implementation of the electronic prescription service.
          I am looking for Pharmacists or anyone affected by the EPS, willing to fill in a short questionnaire to aid me with my study. Just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to help me. Thanks for your time.
          Could you put it on-line?
          Could admin put it on-line for you.

Jeff

Comment

Hi, i cant get it online at the moment, but am trying to get it hosted online. i can email it through to you tho if you send me your email adresss via private message, although i understand people being reluctant to give out their e-mail address. Thanks for your reply

Comment

I think you may be surprised at the negative results. No one has said that EPS is the best thing since sliced bread as yet. Another govnmt debacle.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                I think you may be surprised at the negative results. No one has said that EPS is the best thing since sliced bread as yet. Another govnmt debacle.
                johnep
                It has the potential to be.
                Like pharmacy contractors, pharmacy systems suppliers are being paid in arrears. When the system has been installed, the pharmacist can claim payment which they can then pay to their system supplier.

This means that they are under pressure to deliver a solution which "meets the requirements" but is clunky. Whereas we can be as flexible as we like to be with paper.

There have been letters in the PJ about how bad it is, but who is standing up and saying what the workflow in the system should be to make it workable? This can only come from pharmacists on the ground and not some notional office pharmacist who has not dispensed a script since their pre-reg.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Its intersting to hear opinions on the service from professionals like yourselves. If anyone is interested in filling out a questionaire, please feel free to private message me your e-mail adress so i can send you a copy. I would like as many views as possible, as this would massively help me with my study. so any help would be massively appreciated.

Comment

when its good its ok but if slow a nightmare

how is it that you can scan two scripts from the same patient with consecutive bar code numbers one downloads in 2 secs the other in 5 minutes??????? seems to me that most busy pharmacies will need at least one extra computer to use or there will be nashing and a wailing
                    SMITHY

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy View Post
                      to me that most busy pharmacies will need at least one extra computer to use or there will be nashing and a wailing

We have 9 terminals and it's still a pain! Our supplier has adjusted things and it does scan /download quicker but it's still about 3x slower than manually typing!

Then lots of the directions are coming through in latin code, so it means changing them to something the patient will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by will_davies View Post
                        Hi, i cant get it online at the moment, but am trying to get it hosted online. i can email it through to you tho if you send me your email adresss via private message, although i understand people being reluctant to give out their e-mail address. Thanks for your reply
                        Why not put it up as a post and people can print it out and send it back to you? Or you could send it to me and I can e-mail the members a copy of it.
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                          Could you put it on-line?
                          Could admin put it on-line for you.

Jeff
                          Yes - very easily.

Yes I could.
                          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

How does the EPS work if the patient has "opted-out" of the care-records system (spine.) Or does the EPS use another database?

mr_colt.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_colt View Post
                              How does the EPS work if the patient has "opted-out" of the care-records system (spine.) Or does the EPS use another database?

mr_colt.
                              Patient gets a paper prescription, is my guess.
                              Can a patient refuse to be on a GP computer system and pharmacy PMR as well?
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X