No announcement yet.

desperately looking for some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again thankyou for all of your advice, it has really helped me.
    i do have a rash on my arms which keeps coming and going, but i'm not too worried now.
    will be back in touch when i get the next blood results back.
    Lese

Comment

Lese

Lese

No problem, glad to be of help.

I wish you all the best and get well soon.

Talk to you later - when you're a lot better!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

hello again, i said i would keep you informed...
        well i went back to my gp today and he examined my throat and saw little improvement, my 2nd blood test was the same as before (negative for glandular fever yet abnormal in the white blood cells).
        Better still is my swab test after being given the all clear last week has now grown a bug on it which my gp has never heard of in the throat before (he said usually it attacks the mouth). he told me not to panic and has prescribed me another dose of antibiotics (metronidazole 400mg) which he thinks should clear it.
        i feel tired still, i thought my throat was improving but the gp just said i was growing tolerant to the pain there.
        Lese

Comment

Your GP has got me puzzled: he knows of germs that know exactly where the mouth stops and the throat starts?!? Did he happen to mention the name of this bug?
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

no, he couldnt find the swab results on his comp when i asked him
            Lese

Comment

Swab Results

Lese

no, he couldnt find the swab results on his comp when i asked him
              How did he know which anti-biotic to prescribe you then?

And no alcohol on metronidazole - I know you probably don't want a drink anyway!

Metronidazole best for Gram-positive and Gram-negative anaerobic bacterial infections, and is often prescribed by dentists, so he must mean it's one of the mouth bacteria that has infected your throat?

Don't worry - he should be able to treat it now - once he finds the name.

Keep well, keep in touch.

Good luck to you Lese.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
              X