Bpc 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bpc 2008

Hey all - I wonder who here attended BPC 2008 and what their opinions of it were.

And if you didnt why not?

I did as both an exhibitor and delegate for the BPSA and had a great time. What are other people's views?

Drug Man
    Pharmacy Student - therfore always busy!

Re: Bpc 2008

Originally posted by The Drug Man View Post

I went to a multidisciplinary meeting on dementia.

Wouldn't have gone anyway - as nothing likely to be of interest that wont be reported elsewhere.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by The Drug Man View Post
      Hey all - I wonder who here attended BPC 2008 and what their opinions of it were.

I did as both an exhibitor and delegate for the BPSA and had a great time. What are other people's views?

Drug Man
      Hey Drug Man

I went on the student day. I felt this part was very poorly attended and to a large extent the speakers were encouraging those already interested and involved to start becoming involved.

The education debates were interesting but from where I was sitting largely irrelevant to me. I went with the vague intention of joining the BPSA but after visiting their stall and sitting through the student sessions I could not find a single reason why I should. Technically I am a pre-reg student but practically I am a trainee and I have more than enough educational material to process without another lot of magazines and newsletters that I don't have time to digest.

Some of the stalls were quite interesting and I got to see the first liquid MDS system, which is an interesting idea but I haven't decided whether it is a helpful invention or not yet.

I get the impression that only a very small proportion of pharmacists (and students and pre-reg's)attend the BPC and although I think this is a missed opportunity I am not sure that I will be attending next year.

paul
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
      (T. Pratchett)

Comment

I went on Tues as I got one of the free passes with PDA and was allowed to go during worktime as CPD.
        I have never been before so fancied a visit.
        The most interesting part for me was the palliative care talks I went to in the afternoon, 4 different speakers, all very insightful.
        However, I very nearly abandoned ship and went shopping as I found the morning & huge gap at lunchtime very tedious! I went for a wander round Manchester after I had eaten my sandwiches & came back for the afternoon lectures, I'm glad I did as they were good.

The most telling sign for me was the totally unmanned 'Transcom' stand in the exhibition area - it had not been manned for any of the conference from what I could gather. There wasn't even a suggestion box to leave a comment - perhaps that was a deliberate tactic!

Comment

After just reading both your comments - I am not suprised. I think if people can get the free tickets and go to some interesting Lectures then great. However I would say that the last day was the worst day to go - BPC fever had been lost by then. As I was horrifed that after the afternoon lecture I went back to the hall with all the stands demolished - I was like... fine I will go home like you want me to then!

I wil prob go back next year though - good times, I like networking.
          Pharmacy Student - therfore always busy!

Comment

I didn't go this year, nor indeed for the last couple. However over the years I've been to many, have found them very useful for networking, and getting background interventions.

I've always taken the view that I picked up three useful ideas from such a conference, that meant it was worthwhile. I didn't always, but I made some very good friends, some of whom have lasted into retirement.

Comment

Working...
            X