Non -practising register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non -practising register

Does anyone know the consequenses of working whilst registered as non- practising. I am assuming it would be ilegal possibly fraud?. How easy is it to move back to practising register?

Re: Non -practising register

Sir can I ask what practising register is?

Comment

At the moment the Royal Pharmaceutical Society has two Registers; the practising, which consists of those who are doing so, and undertake Continuing Professional Development to maintain their competence, and those who do not. The latter are largely (although not exclusive) retired, although there some mothers and others taking careers breaks.

I would expect that anyone found working in a pharmaceutical capacity while on the non-practising register would find themselves before the Disciplinary Committee and at best reprimanded and told to pay the difference, and at worst struck off.

Comment

Originally posted by skysoldier View Post
        Sir can I ask what practising register is?
        I hope that your posting signature is not trying to sell us something?
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I am registered as non-practising pharmacist since I have left UK. I have read that starting from next year the non-practising register won't exist anymore. Does anyone know what will happen to non practising pharmacists? Which options the GPharmC will give to them?

Comment

Get into the dust bin.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Piquetero View Post
              I am registered as non-practising pharmacist since I have left UK. I have read that starting from next year the non-practising register won't exist anymore. Does anyone know what will happen to non practising pharmacists? Which options the GPharmC will give to them?
              I would assume that you will be in the same position as someone who hasn't registered at all. You will have to apply to go on the Register, produce evidence of qualification, good behaviour etc. Might be worth joining the "new" Pharmaceutical Society as that would be extra evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Get into the dust bin.
                johnep
                Bit harsh John!..Don't forget many registered pharmacists were forced into 'retirement' (myself included), because part-time and overseas membership categories were made obsolete, and those members were told they must become full members, and pay the full fee, although they didn't do a days work in the UK. They were also expected to provide evidence of CPD in the UK to boot. The only alternative offered was to retire from the register, which many, including at least one past-president did.

Subsequently, this decision was reversed, quietly, as the society realised CPD was actually being fully carried out in other countries where members were resident other than the victorious, happy and glorious UK. They did not contact anyone directly to advise of the reversal, but imposed a time limit for re-application. They hid behind a small article in the journal to publicise this u-turn. The journal, however, was no longer being mailed to us as we were no longer members of the society. Very few were therefore aware of the reversal.

I would now require to re-apply for full membership from scratch, based on my original degree qualification from the UK. It's unlikely I will do so.

No wonder many (ex) members are so bitter.

Fleeg.
                Last edited by Fleegle; 2, August 2009, 05:02 PM.
                Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I believe you have misunderstood me. It is the Society who puts you on the scrapheap.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X