Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you find out the topic for the GPhC Reflective account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you find out the topic for the GPhC Reflective account?

The GPhC Revalidation framework says this of the Reflective account - "Each year we ask you to select one or more of the standards to reflect upon. We will say which of a range of the standards for pharmacy professionals we expect you to reflect upon from that year. We will tell you which standards you should choose from at the start of your registrant year." My start of year was mid-December 2018, and I haven't heard anything from anyone about what I am supposed to write about. Has anybody had any experience of this, or am I just jumping the gun? And do we all get to do the same standard in the given year? TIA

Search the forum using the search box. Search on CPD to start. Any problems, come back.
    johnep

Comment

I've tried that without any luck.

Comment

OK. Now Google CPD reflection. Thought you would have already tried. Lots on Google.
        johnep

Comment

Yes, I have of course tried Google, but I specifically want to know how the standard that you have to reflect on is communicated to you by the GPhC at the beginning of your revalidation year. I cannot find that information and my new revalidation year started 6 weeks ago and nothing has been communicated to me, so I wondered if anybody else has been told and how they were told.

Comment

I am sorry I have never heard of this. I am unable to help you. Contact the GPhC.
            johnep

Comment

How about some recursive CPD.
              Write up how you found out about how the GPhC announce the reflective account. <g>
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

In case anyone is still looking for help on this topic, I noticed a link on my Facebook feed that should help.

https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/r...l-need-reflect

I would suggest reading the Regulate emails in future and keeping a watchful eye on the GPhC website! There is also a course on CPPE in connection with this subject. It’s aimed at techs but might be worth reading if you are a pharmacist as I can’t find an equivalent directed to pharmacists, though there may be one elsewhere.

https://www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l/...sionalism-e-01

Comment

I forgot to mention that at my hospital we have already been discussing how we should approach this requirement. In the end it was decided that as we all have to do it, we should all do it together, so we are setting up a day and time when we will all meet and discuss the subject and then write our own summaries for the cpd.

Comment

Working...
                  X