Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pharmacist future?

Hi everyone
    I am a newly qualified pharmacist. I am just wonder who is going to intervene and save pharmacist????
    what can we do as a pharmacist to prevent down grade our professional?

Pharmacy is not a easy course, it requires hard study to do at uni to complete the master degree then unlike most courses dental or dr, we have pre.eg which is very stressful year.

after all, once you qualified you work more hard work to find job. I think it is crazy, how we are treated these days... locum make their own rate or company make their rate, and we still accept it.

I am not joking, the current rate is 16 or even 15£ for locum pharmcist? check lloyds and Rowload
    the current rate for locum dispenser is 12£,, or some places even more
    what is the differences....
    I do not know what is gphc or RPS are doing...
    too many pharmacist
    nhs too many cuts
    I am just thinkg what to do after 8years of me putting into these professional....

Re: pharmacist future?

Exactly the thoughts of a lot of the pharmacists on this group and on locumvoice.

You will find that 'vocational pharmacists' who want to make a difference by doing their best to improve their service to patients and health outcomes, manage staff, and too make sure that the pharmacy runs efficiently and profitably are just brushed aside, or are managed out of the business.

Advice is the same to everyone - build a portfolio career, network with other professionals and businessmen and use your education to build this before you become institutionalised.

Make a plan now. Don't leave it until tomorrow.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
      Exactly the thoughts of a lot of the pharmacists on this group and on locumvoice.

You will find that 'vocational pharmacists' who want to make a difference by doing their best to improve their service to patients and health outcomes, manage staff, and too make sure that the pharmacy runs efficiently and profitably are just brushed aside, or are managed out of the business.

Advice is the same to everyone - build a portfolio career, network with other professionals and businessmen and use your education to build this before you become institutionalised.

Make a plan now. Don't leave it until tomorrow.
      Sound advice, if you are an employee of a multiple which most are or will become play the game as much as possible even if you hate the company and all the management associated with it. Pharmacy is no longer a safe career so look out for distance learning courses and other qualifications to enhance yourself.

Comment

You don't have to be smart to be a pharmacist. I mean did you proofread your post OP?

Comment

Originally posted by shining*star View Post
          You don't have to be smart to be a pharmacist. I mean did you proofread your post OP?
          So will all the intelligent ones leave and do something else whilst the not so intuitive will slave it out in multiple sweat shops ?

Comment

Originally posted by willerz86 View Post
            So will all the intelligent ones leave and do something else whilst the not so intuitive will slave it out in multiple sweat shops ?
            So far there is no target for it.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Pharmanaut, don't give them ideas )))))

Comment

I'm already making plans for my exit. But let me tell you, its not easy. I've struggled for the past 3-4 years testing things out, networking, talking to people,etc. Only just finding something now which makes me some money on the side, and hopefully, one year from now I can quit pharmacy forever....

Comment

Here's what you do. Search round and find a poor neighbourhood with owner pharmacists who have reached retirement age and buy their shops -- they will be cheap. If necessary, sell your house to provide finance. Remember that the poor tend to be unhealthy and live in poor areas, so go there because the NHS will pay you the same as if you were in a rich area, but your prescriptions will be cheaper (an unfortunate and regrettable fact of life). The big groups won't be interested in poor areas, despite the prescription numbers and excellent percentage profits because, frankly, they're not really terribly clever.

Comment

You could embrace the new opportunities opening up in GP surgeries.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowtownbob View Post

Here's what you do. Search round and find a poor neighbourhood with owner pharmacists who have reached retirement age and buy their shops -- they will be cheap. If necessary, sell your house to provide finance. Remember that the poor tend to be unhealthy and live in poor areas, so go there because the NHS will pay you the same as if you were in a rich area, but your prescriptions will be cheaper (an unfortunate and regrettable fact of life). The big groups won't be interested in poor areas, despite the prescription numbers and excellent percentage profits because, frankly, they're not really terribly clever.
                      Deepest respect Bob, this might have worked 30 or better still 40 years ago but I don't recommend it now. For a start the entire future of retailing will change due to the internet. Point number two: sell your house and in five years time you won't be able to afford to buy it back and you'll have five fewer years to pay off any mortgage.

Comment

Unless you have family interests (ie your family has a stake in a business) then I would shy away from ownership and even pharmacy altogether.
                        The profession is not healthy, and it is not good for your health to work in it.
                        Don't want to go into the details in case it gives any younger readers nightmares.
                        How times change.

Comment

At the moment teaching is offering 25K hello payment.
                          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                            At the moment teaching is offering 25K hello payment.
                            johnep
                            And teaching has a huge recruitment and retention problem. The average teacher will be at least as stressed as the average pharmacist .

Comment

But at least they will not be made a criminal over an error. This thought sustained me when having a hard day at a boys school in Highbury. The next year I was in a girls school in Grays and never got stressed. In view of the press reports re maths teachers from the EU. I took maths classes at junior level and found my knowledge sufficient to cover everything except Matrixes. I certainly cannot match El Loco in maths ability. So, the answer is to teach in a girls school. I found threat of a conduct mark quite sufficient. We were not allowed to give detentions because of possible hazards of girls accepting lifts rather than the school bus.
                              johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X