Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria Sharapova

Hi All

I know this has nothing to do with pharmacy, but my sister owns an apartment in La Manga Club in Spain, and she rents out her apartment for a lot of the year. I just feel excited because Maria Sharapova has rented it for a week as she's playing in a tennis tournament near there!

So the question is, would it be seen as rude to ask her if she'd leave a signed photo of herself? My sister says she's going to make sure she gets some fresh flowers and nice things like that placed in there for her, so would it be too tacky to ask for the photo?

I know I sound like a star struck idiot, but I think it's great! If you want a look at the place the link is: -

http://www.lamangaescapes.co.uk

and before you ask, I took a lot of the photos on the site!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

I don't see it as rude to ask for an autograph she's probably used to it.

Any chance you could stick webcams up anywhere? ;-)

Ow! Mrs Linnear's clouted me again!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
      I don't see it as rude to ask for an autograph she's probably used to it.

Any chance you could stick webcams up anywhere? ;-)

Ow! Mrs Linnear's clouted me again!
      That's nothing compared to what some men I know have suggested!

I just thought it would be nice to have a photo of her like they have in all the bars there.

And the answer is NO - wonder what it would be worth though.......
      Last edited by admin; 15, February 2007, 07:01 PM.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

So, did you ask then admin?

Comment

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
          So, did you ask then admin?
          Did I ask who what?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Did I ask who what?
            Ask Ms Sharapova for a signed photo.

Comment

Ask Ms Sharapova for a signed photo.
              No she isn't there yet, she's just booked and paid for the place. I think she picked it because it was recommended to her (it's a really nice place) and it's opposite the tennis centre, so she'll have a 2 minute walk to the courts!

I was reading her website and have found out a few things about her, including one of her favourite top ten sweets is Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Snickers and Haagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream!

We might leave her some - and put a note asking for the signed photo!

Last edited by admin; 20, February 2007, 10:27 PM.

Comment

We might leave her some - and put a note asking for the signed photo!
                I like your technique!

Comment

I like your technique!
                  Yeah it's called bribery! The thing is it's tricky, because we don't want her to feel like the pap has followed her there, asking for photos - even though they probably will!

My sister says if they snap her coming out of the apartment she hopes they don't airbrush out the number of the place!

A lot of the pubs in La Manga Club have photos of famous people on the walls who have drank there, so it would be great to have a photo of her. Maybe we could just leave a photo, and ask her to sign underneth this: -

"Thanks for my stay in your wonderful apartment in La Manga Club. I will now recommend it to all my famous tennis friends"

Comment

When's she playing there anyway?

Comment

When's she playing there anyway?
                      I ain't saying! You know the place, who's there, you might inform the pap!

Comment

I ain't saying! You know the place, who's there, you might inform the pap!

You got me, admin!

ETA: Hmmm. It's not too difficult to work out actually!
                        Last edited by hannahd; 31, March 2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X