Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuba Diving

Any Scuba diving pharmacists out there?

Its the best way of getting away from customers!

Seriously, if you visit Capernwray, may bump into you from late feb onwards. Will be getting 'skilled up' again for the holiday diving.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
    Any Scuba diving pharmacists out there?

Its the best way of getting away from customers!

Seriously, if you visit Capernwray, may bump into you from late feb onwards. Will be getting 'skilled up' again for the holiday diving.
    I tried it in Egypt, but only to about 30 feet. It was fantastic though, and the Red Sea is brilliant for fish etc.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Where's this Capernwray-place? sounds chilly!
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

scuba diving

Pharmacist died some years ago in Bermuda from scuba accident. An old friend of mine was pharmacist at the naval hospital in Gibraltar. Told me the diving was great as the currents had produced many rocky features on the sea bed.
        johnep

Comment

Get as far away from the customers as possible huh? I wouldn't be too surprised if you met one of your regulars down under demanding why it took so long for you to deliver their script!

Comment

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
            Get as far away from the customers as possible huh? I wouldn't be too surprised if you met one of your regulars down under demanding why it took so long for you to deliver their script!
            I love it - very funny! Had me laughing this one Hannah.
            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              I love it - very funny! Had me laughing this one Hannah.
              Glad it amused you! Given me an idea for a thread.

Comment

Scuba customers

Originally posted by hannahd View Post
                Try not to do any dispensing down there, especially installment methadone. Effervescent tablets are tricky too.

For Zoggite, Capernwray is a flooded quarry north of Lancaster, max depth 20m.
                To make it interesting they have sunk a few boats, old helicopters, shipping containers and some horses from a carousel from a fun fair.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

if you watch Frost on TV, often the odd weighted down body as well.
                  johnep

Comment

Weighted bodies

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    if you watch Frost on TV, often the odd weighted down body as well.
                    johnep
                    I think they filmed a scene for Emmerdale there a few months ago.
                    No weighted bodies found yet. Anyone you know missing?
                    How times change.

Comment

No. but there could be few I would consider nominating!
                      johnep

Comment

I've been qualified for about 7 years now, great hobby! I dived Bermuda in 2004 - very easy diving out there and loads to see. Red sea is great but the rise in tourism is ruining the reefs/wrecks. Can't do better than the wrecks of Anglesey on a nice day Happy diving!

Comment

Originally posted by Elljay View Post
                          I've been qualified for about 7 years now, great hobby! I dived Bermuda in 2004 - very easy diving out there and loads to see. Red sea is great but the rise in tourism is ruining the reefs/wrecks. Can't do better than the wrecks of Anglesey on a nice day Happy diving!
                          Whats the diving like in the caribbean? I've often thought of going on holiday there, but wondered if the sea is any good for diving, and fishing.

Comment

I was in Belize in the early eighties, met some divers there who said the reef, second in size to grt barrier, is fantastic. I went on boat trip and we passed near the famous 'blue hole'. Paradise Cay is the resort.

Belize was used as backdrop for the film 'dogs of war'.
                            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                              I was in Belize in the early eighties, met some divers there who said the reef, second in size to grt barrier, is fantastic. I went on boat trip and we passed near the famous 'blue hole'. Paradise Cay is the resort.

Belize was used as backdrop for the film 'dogs of war'.
                              johnep
                              Sounds great - I'll check it out on the net and see what the holidays look like.

Thanks John

Comment

Working...
                              X