A thank you note...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thank you note...

Just had a thank you note from Gordon Brown.
    ... my monthly pay slip arrived.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
    Just had a thank you note from Gordon Brown.
    ... my monthly pay slip arrived.
    Is this sarcasm or have you been at the Happy Pills again?
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Thankyou

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
      Is this sarcasm or have you been at the Happy Pills again?
      There was no connection between the news that his son had been diagnosed with CF and this pointed remark.

It was a general comment about "the harder you work the more you pay".
      And then when you spend what they have left you with you pay VAT, so you get taxed again.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

And then when you spend what they have left you with you pay VAT, so you get taxed again.
        So it was sarcasm, just as I thought. I didn't think it had anything to do with his son's diagnosis either, as I only heard about it this morning on Breakfast News.
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

There was no connection between the news that his son had been diagnosed with CF and this pointed remark.

Yeah its a real shocker the first time isn't it! You get taxed when you earn it, taxed when you spend it, the interest is taxed in a bank if you save it, and if you die and leave it to your kids it's taxed again! You probably end up with about 20p in the pound to yourself.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Tax...

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Yeah its a real shocker the first time isn't it! You get taxed when you earn it, taxed when you spend it, the interest is taxed in a bank if you save it, and if you die and leave it to your kids it's taxed again! You probably end up with about 20p in the pound to yourself.

Next thing is if you take time in lieu of pay, you will have to report to an 'Inland Revenue Compound', where you have to spend 20% of your time in lieu just standing there!
            How times change.

Comment

Sense of humour.

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
              So it was sarcasm, just as I thought. I didn't think it had anything to do with his son's diagnosis either, as I only heard about it this morning on Breakfast News.
              Reference my post about pharmacist sense of humour.
              Can't decide if I was being 'dry' just sarcastic.

The payslip was still as shock though.
              The next one should have a single use defibrillator attached to it, triggered to operate just after you have read the deductions section!
              How times change.

Comment

Working...
              X