A man walked into the pharmacy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A man walked into the pharmacy...

... and said "My wife has sent me for summat for migraine".
    So the pharmacy staff went through the whole lot...
    Is it paracetamol ... No
    Is it migraleve ... No
    Is it Nurofen ... No.
    Is it Syndol ... No.

Suddenly the man's face light up and he said...
    "I remember now summat-riptan".

<groan>
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Pharmanaut

Did you read my post on my first experience of selling Imigran OTC ?

http://pharmacy-forum.co.uk/showthre...hlight=imigran
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

OTC Imigran

Originally posted by admin View Post
      Pharmanaut

Did you read my post on my first experience of selling Imigran OTC ?

http://pharmacy-forum.co.uk/showthre...hlight=imigran
      I did a while ago.

Should put that one into the pharmacy curiculum, as you have described it and then what the pharmacist should do. Then add the following scenarios..

1. The customers "partner" comes in and headbutts you and you lose your front teeth because you have upset their partner.

2. You sell the product to avoid a scene. The customer takes it and ends up in hospital with coronal vasoconstriction. The customers "partner" comes in and headbutts you and you lose your front teeth. The customers solicitor then starts action against you for loss of a promising modelling career and a holiday in the malidives, loss of earnings health and stress. You get struck off. All because of £2 or 3 quid that you would have earned selling the stuff in the first place.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I love the attitude you get when you say you can't sell something.

I swear I will have this conversation one day:

Me: Sorry, you can't buy X.
        Them: Why not? I saw it on an advert!
        Me: It's not suitable for your condition.
        Them: But I saw it on an advert and I want it!
        Me: It could kill you!
        Them: But I saw it on an advert!
        Me: You're right it is perfect for you I'm just causing all of this fuss because I don't like your face and I wanted to piss you off and really make a scene!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

One of my minions (that's Welsh for staff, if Tubs is to be believed!) answered a telephone script request today from Mrs Williams; she wanted to re-order some of that cream for dry skin she'd been prescribed earlier this year; she couldn't quite remember its name, just that it sounded like "guitar" or something similar. We scratched our heads, scrutinised our shelves, got fed up of looking, went for lunch, etc...5.10pm, Mrs Williams calls back: she's found the empty tube, it was doublebase gel...!
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Today I worked at a pharmacy which used to have three full time pharmacists, until a chain took it over, and now there's one. Today that was me.

The customers were getting more and more snotty as the day went on, and I lost it a bit with a very abusive addict. I said "don't have a go at me you w**k*r or I'll ban you". Strange how stress seems to bring out the best in me!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
            X