Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nanny-State is here to stay...

Spotted in yesterday's "Times Online":
    "A spicy sausage known as the Welsh Dragon will have to be renamed after Trading Standards' officers warned the manufacturers that they could face prosecution because it does not contain dragon.
    The sausages will now have to be labelled Welsh Dragon Pork Sausages to avoid any confusion among customers."
    "A Powys County Council spokesman said:"the product was not sufficiently precise to inform a purchaser of the true nature of the food"

So wave goodbye to toad-in-the-hole and hot-dogs...
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2458696.html
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Crazy world...

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
    Spotted in yesterday's "Times Online":
    "A spicy sausage known as the Welsh Dragon will have to be renamed after Trading Standards' officers warned the manufacturers that they could face prosecution because it does not contain dragon.
    The sausages will now have to be labelled Welsh Dragon Pork Sausages to avoid any confusion among customers."
    "A Powys County Council spokesman said:"the product was not sufficiently precise to inform a purchaser of the true nature of the food"

So wave goodbye to toad-in-the-hole and hot-dogs...
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2458696.html
    There will be instructions on toilet paper next.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

You mean it wasn't made with real dragon?

I'm disgusted!
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
      X