Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise

Hi Everyone

Well it's official, I'm old. I'm going on a cruise round the Med next week.

I won't be contributing to the forum for a week, unless they have internet access on a boat!

Have fun, be good, and ignore any ads etc as I'll delete them when I get back.

See you in a week!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

We did a med cruise for our 5th wedding anniversary 5 years ago. We didn't feel old.

Did it with Thompson. The Topaz was completely all inclusive including drinks!!! Food was amazing too!

We stopped at Malta, Egypt, Rhodes, Crete, Mykonos and another Greek island. It was the best holiday evah! Would go again if we could afford it.

Thompsons Ancient Treasures cruise. Tell then we sent you!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Enjoy yourself.

That's an order :-)

Jeff

Comment

Bliss

A Med cruise hmmmmm lets think...... No customers, no phone calls, no emails, no cooking, no cleaning, just eating, drinking and enjoying........... why do you have to be old to enjoy that?????
        Have a great time - we are all envious

Comment

Geez thanks guys!

I am really looking forward to it. We paid extra for a posh cabin with a picture window in it, so I'm looking forward to waking up and seeing the sea.

It's inclusive of all the food but not drinks, but then again maybe that's not a bad thing!

We stop at a few places, including France and Italy, and you can book a day or half day trip, or just go off exploring by yourselves. I've been warned that the boat won't wait for you though, so you must get back on time!

I think more and more younger people are going on Cruises these days, so the old bit was just a joke.......I look 21 anyway............

I have the feeling I want to take my laptop, but then my husband won't be too pleased if I did that!

So thanks a lot, and I'll see you all in a week.

I'll try my best Jeff!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
            Geez thanks guys!

I am really looking forward to it. We paid extra for a posh cabin with a picture window in it, so I'm looking forward to waking up and seeing the sea.
            Picture window? I'd want a real one! Boom! Boom!

I think more and more younger people are going on Cruises these days, so the old bit was just a joke.......I look 21 anyway............
            It's all that plastic surgery you can afford on your extortionate locum rates!

Have a great time.
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I'm Back !

Hi Everyone

Well I just got home from my cruise tonight. I'm about a stone heavier, my liver has shrunk to 1/7th of it's size, and I have a bit of sunburn! But boy did I have some fun!

I'll go through all the new posts tomorrow, as I'm tired tonight.

If there are any dodgy web links or ads can someone let me know and I'll delete them.

Thanks

Comment

Welcome back, fellow sailor!
                Now you know why I'm so totally addicted to sailing in the Greek islands...
                I saw a couple of cruise ships in Corfu harbour last week- I wondered whether you might be on board, by one of those extraordinary coincidences...
                Glad to hear you had a great time! Any photos?
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Hello again!

Sounds like you had fun.

bet your glad to be back!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Thanks Zo, we didn't do the Greek islands but are thinking of going again in May to do just that!

To Linnear, well after reading some of the resident nutters posts I'm not sure what I've come back to! We seem to have changed into an animal rights/religious/political forum!

We had a great time, and I'd recommend a cruise on the Island Star to anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by admin

I'm tempted to book 2 tickets. 1 for me and one for Uni Angel then I could throw her overboard half way!
                      Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Dear Admin
                        can't afford it on my NHS wages..its alright for some! must go back to locuming no point being enslaved to the NHS (Ho,ho,ha)
                        Glad you're back admin and glad you had a great time too.

You're right about the forum too, I was tempted to reply to a particluar thread ....with words such as this is a pharmacy forum not a bl...y political/religious/animal rights forum..i shouldn't really swear because I am a christian and proud of it, but let's stick to pharmacy or affiliated issues only pls..Admin you need to lay down the law man!
                        Last edited by kemzero; 4, October 2006, 08:47 PM.
                        Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Dear Admin
                          can't afford it on my NHS wages..its alright for some! must go back to locuming no point being enslaved to the NHS (Ho,ho,ha)
                          Glad you're back admin and glad you had a great time too.

You're right about the forum too, I was tempted to reply to a particluar thread ....with words such as this is a pharmacy forum not a bl...y political/religious/animal rights forum..i shouldn't really swear because I am a christian and proud of it, but let's stick to pharmacy or affiliated issues only pls..Admin you need to lay down the law man!
                          Kemzero

It's not as expensive as you might think. A one week cruise cost £750 each, and we could have stayed for a 2nd week for £350. Thats not bad considering all your food in included.

I have banned that particular member from this forum. You can read why in the refusing EHC thread. I have had enough, and that last post made me see red I'm sorry to say.

If you're a Christian and that brings happiness to your life, then that's great. I am not a believer myself, but I'd say I propably have "Christian" morals and values. I don't believe UA was a true Christian, and if you read her blog you'll see why I think that. She is so bitter towards people it's unreal. The way she seems to gloat at the thought of all of us ending up in the "eternal fires of hell" is disgusting. I am also deeply suspicious of anyone who believes they are perfect, and have the only hot line to God on the planet.

Thanks for being glad I'm back, and for having a nice time - nice to be appreciated. Just one thing though, I am a woman not a man.......so that should be lay down the law girl!!!

I say girl cos I look 24.................

Comment

Dear Admin

Of course I know you are not a bloke but the "man" slang in that context is unisex...its a jamaican thing..you dig ...how you doin man ! although I am not Jamaican I've picked up the lingo used to live in Laindan (London!)

Comment

Dear Admin

Of course I know you are not a bloke but the "man" slang in that context is unisex...its a jamaican thing..you dig ...how you doin man ! although I am not Jamaican I've picked up the lingo used to live in Laindan (London!)
                              so chill mate know wat am saying! ( any way if you're offended ..apologies from moi )

Comment

Working...
                              X