Coppers targetting drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coppers targetting drivers

Don't know if anyone saw it but the Assoc of Chief Police Officers has vowed to target drivers that use loopholes to avoid prosecution.

I felt a little aggrieved at this so I wrote them a little note.

(Speed cameras and the like being another thing that p*sses me off!)

I wrote congratulating them on their plan and then asked if they could look into the following loophole abusers:

Les Owen allowed his driver to drive at 82mph in a 40 zone and 86 in a 50 zone and only received a written warning

Jeremy lowe caught speeding and let off apparently he "needed a wash"

David Burlingham used loopholes to avoid 2 prosecutions

Mark Hilton drove at 160mph on the motorway and at over 100 on several A and B roads, initially acquitted and then convicted but not sentenced because he'd suffered 2.5 years of strife in the courts.

I then pointed out that Les Owen is a Chief Supt, it's Det Insp Lowe, PC David Burlingham and PC Mark Hilton.

I then asked about the 59 cases of marked police cars that were let off from speeding by Derbyshire police when only 14 were using Blues and Twos!

My missus reckons I'm gonna have police cars following me 24-7!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Linnear

I guess that's the perks of their job!
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
    X