Interesting Ampoules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Ampoules

A shop I was working in yesterday had some interesting ampoules in their safe.

Fraisse'd Ferruginous Ampoules. They're apparently for anaemia.

They contain Iron Cacodylate, Iron Glycerophosphate and Strychnine!

I quote from the Info leaflet:

The characteristic of this soln is to supply in one liquid: Iron, Arsenic, Phosphorus and strychnine, the latter is a vital excitant.

Do you reckion I should push to get this back on the dispensary shelves?
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Don't worry- arsenic oxide is still in the latest BNF, and you've still got 2 weeks to sell strychnine for getting rid of moles (the lawn-munching mammals, not the skin blemishes!)...
    On the other hand: as long as you can still see those ampoules in the safe, it means their contents haven't yet found their way into your precious cup of tea!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
      A shop I was working in yesterday had some interesting ampoules in their safe.

Fraisse'd Ferruginous Ampoules. They're apparently for anaemia.

They contain Iron Cacodylate, Iron Glycerophosphate and Strychnine!

I quote from the Info leaflet:

The characteristic of this soln is to supply in one liquid: Iron, Arsenic, Phosphorus and strychnine, the latter is a vital excitant.

Do you reckion I should push to get this back on the dispensary shelves?
      WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
      X