Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry !

Hi Everyone

I'm really sorry, and feel I've not been contributing much to the forum lately. The reason is basically work. I've been working 8.30am to 6.30pm days, in an area that's about an hours drive away. It's too long a day for me really, and I'm just so tired all the time that I'm just vegging out after work in front of the TV.

I know I'm self employed, and so you could say it's self inflicted, but if you keep turning down work eventually they'll stop asking!

Obviously it's the holiday season, so it's a busy time for a locum. I am going to book a two week holiday for the end of September.

I just want you all to know that I am still committed to our little on-line community as much as ever, and it's not disinterest that's stopping me posting, joining in, or starting discussions.

I'd really like us to have a weekly topic for discussion that's relevant to pharmacy, such as the launch of a new product, or some policy decision by the powers that be, or anything like that. I have good intentions every week to scan the Journal, [email protected], the internet etc, but just aren't getting round to it. Please feel free to start one yourself of course.

So to sum up, I am sorry for neglecting you all. I have put a lot of time, energy, and a bit of cash into this forum and really want it to continue. I'd like to say a big thank you to all the regular posters, and I know some of you visit the site virtually every day, which is fantastic.

I'm working on finding work with shorter hours, and closer to home, to make life a bit easier for myself. I will try harder - promise!

I feel we have got a nice group of people on here, and always enjoy and appreciate any posts people make. I also like the mix of people, and find the views of people looking at things from a different angle to myself useful and interesting.

So please accept my apologies for neglecting you all, and keep on posting!

Elaine
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Hi Admin
    I know how exhausted you can feel after working 8.30 to 6.30!! I force myself to go to the gym for at least an hour each night - of cousrse I often find myself just propping up the equipment in a general daze ( hope it isnt too obvious to all the real gym junkies!)
    No need to apologise either, you have done such a fantastic job getting this site set up (I'm sure you would lap up all praise offered), but in this case it is completely deserved! as I am sure most other posters will agree.
    So take care of yourself, and I am envious of your looming holiday!! - of course I am seriously considering changing employer - there is a vacancy for Day Lewis down my way at the moment, but I know nothing about the company, so time for some digging I think.
    Must off to work

Comment

Womble

Thanks. I just didn't want you all to get the idea that I wasn't bothered about the forum, because I am. I do feel that if I don't post much, then the threads tend to stop, which is a shame, as I wanted everyone to use it, and not be just me putting forward my own opinions.

Sorry but I don't know anything about working for Day Lewis.

An hour each night at the gym is impressive! I've been so tired lately that I haven't even been eating any tea (dinner to you posh guys) and people keep telling me I'm looking slimmer!

Of course, all praise is appreciated...........
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Dear Admin,

Hope you enjoy your holiday.
        Don't be surprised that you were nominated the woman of the year, because you deserve it, I don't think it is a con, I think you are an outstanding pharmacist.

My question is, with working long hours how do you manage your house work and your children, do you have time for teaching them or seeing them properly. Pharmacists seem to stand up all the time at work, does this affect their health?

Comment

Originally posted by ramroum
          Dear Admin,

Hope you enjoy your holiday.
          Don't be surprised that you were nominated the woman of the year, because you deserve it, I don't think it is a con, I think you are an outstanding pharmacist.

My question is, with working long hours how do you manage your house work and your children, do you have time for teaching them or seeing them properly. Pharmacists seem to stand up all the time at work, does this affect their health?
          Hi

Thanks, but I'm sure it's a joke! To answer your questions: -

1. I employ a cleaner
          2. I don't have any kids
          3. Yes my feet regularly hurt! Standing up all day long is not good for you!

On the standing up front I have tried those MBT trainers. I've found they help me a lot. and are very comfy! They cost a fair bit at about £130 a pair, but I've had 2 pairs for over a year and they both look as good as new. I got mine from: -

http://www.foot-well.co.uk/cart.php

Comment

Forget the shoes, go for decent STs.

I've seen the adverts, use Tampax and go rock climbing, hang gliding and snorkelling! Makes me wish I was a woman!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
              Forget the shoes, go for decent STs.

I've seen the adverts, use Tampax and go rock climbing, hang gliding and snorkelling! Makes me wish I was a woman!
              If only you had any idea what you are talking about...............

Comment

Dear Admin,

Thanks for the advices. I am wondering why pharmacists in the UK don't sit down on mobile chairs so they can move from checking scripts to another....!

Comment

Believe me, Ramroum, we've all tried that- and lasted about 10 minutes! It is totally and utterly impracticable, for about 7314 different reasons which you will no doubt discover yourself on the first day that you work in a dispensary...
                  Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                    If only you had any idea what you are talking about...............

Excuse me, I suffer with PMT!

My wife gets it and I suffer with it!
                    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite
                      Believe me, Ramroum, we've all tried that- and lasted about 10 minutes! It is totally and utterly impracticable, for about 7314 different reasons which you will no doubt discover yourself on the first day that you work in a dispensary...

Zogs I bet that you just sit in one place and have your dispensing techs pass the Rxs for checking to you!
                      Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Zogs I bet that you just sit in one place and have your dispensing techs pass the Rxs for checking to you!
                        You can't do it can you! I try to get a sit down when I can, but it usually lasts about 20 seconds!

Comment

Excuse me, I suffer with PMT!

My wife gets it and I suffer with it!
                          And do you feel like your womb is slowly being pulled out with a hook ????

Eh, Eh , Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by admin; 11, August 2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                            And do you feel like your womb is slowing being pulled out with a hook ????

Eh, Eh , Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but I feel like I'm being rapidly pummelled with a rolling pin!

There are some bad effects too!
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Actually, I've taken quite a shine to my comfy seat in my nice cool consultation room, and I seem to spend most of the day in there, being fed scripts to check and cups of coffee, and letting the patients file past me for their MURs!
                              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Working...
                              X