No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

Does anyone use Skype? I had a long chat with Piq from Italy this afternoon, and it was great. He had a web cam, and I don't - so I'm off to get one tomorrow!

It was great quality, and to talk to a forum member in Italy was brill.

The technology has really improved on this since I last had a look at a video call, which was poor at the time.

So if anyone wants to chat to me, it can be arranged!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

I think we can post here the nicknames we use on skipe..
    If someone wants to chat with me, my nick on skipe is czolgosz ( i like polish surnames )

Comment

Admin,
      You know that disappointment you get when you go to see the movie after you've read the book- well, don't you think you'll get the same with webcams & Skype? Poor Linnear won't be able to deny his tubbiness any more, and you won't be able to claim you're only 41 any more...!
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite
        Admin,
        You know that disappointment you get when you go to see the movie after you've read the book- well, don't you think you'll get the same with webcams & Skype? Poor Linnear won't be able to deny his tubbiness any more, and you won't be able to claim you're only 41 any more...!
        Er excuse me, I am only 41 - well until next Friday that is.

I liked the Skype chat with Piq, and his web cam looked great to me.

You don't have to use it, it was only an idea.

I thought it seemed fun, and you can have conference calls on it etc, which might be interesting!
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Admin,

Watch it Zog or you'll get a head butt in the chest!
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
          pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
          eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
            promises, promises!

Comment

Now I know everyone is going to say how awful that was, and how he'll be remembered as a violent player etc etc but.......he didn't half get some power on it didn't he! What a tool to have in your armoury! Imagine if he got him on the nose - splat!

I personally feel the effect it will have on him will be like when John Prescott (Johnny Big Punch) had a go - his reputation on the street went up!

Personally, and this is only my opinion, but every time I watch it, it gets better.

I'm awful. I know.........

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                Personally, and this is only my opinion, but every time I watch it, it gets better.
                Do you mean Zinedine Zidane or Johnny-Two-Jags?

Comment

Do you mean Zinedine Zidane or Johnny-Two-Jags?
                  I mean every time I watch the Zidane head butt it just looks better. The John Prescott "punch" was a rather whimpy thing really, simply an instant reaction that anyone would do. The Zidane butt had a walk up, and then wham - cop for that!

Personally if I was going to get sent off in the world cup final (and he must have known he would be) then I'd have gone out with a proper bang and gone for the old hooter, and given him something to really remember.

Yes I know, I am really awful, it's the places I work at.............

Comment

Yes I know, I am really awful, it's the places I work at.............
                    Gold Triangle should use more finesse.

How about painting your unruly customers from head to toe with gold paint or getting your sidekick to smash their heads in with a metal lined cloth cap?

(Note the yorkshire reference!)

My missus has just said that you should start up Ecky Thump again. So that will be black puddins all round.
                    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Gold Triangle should use more finesse.

How about painting your unruly customers from head to toe with gold paint or getting your sidekick to smash their heads in with a metal lined cloth cap?

(Note the yorkshire reference!)

My missus has just said that you should start up Ecky Thump again. So that will be black puddins all round.
                      Is Finesse a new perfume? Are you saying I smell?

Who's my sidekick? I didn't know I came as a pair. Ok I'm pleasantly plump, but there isn't enough to make two of me!

As for "blood sausages" - YUK!!!! The only meat I eat is chicken.

I can tell you're a writer - it's all the posh words you use!

So what did you think of the Zidane head butt? Don't tell me there wasn't a little bit of you that wasn't impressed. If it was boxing, it would have been called a "peach" of a butt.

Comment

Is Finesse a new perfume? Are you saying I smell?
                        No way! I'm too scared of being head butted!

As for "blood sausages" - YUK!!!! The only meat I eat is chicken.
                        Lovely! Hadn't had black puden until I did a management training course in The Lake District.
                        Love the stuff!

Mind you I like my steaks to moo when you stick the fork in!
                        My missus always used to tell me off because if I ordered steak in a restaurant and they asked me how I wanted it I'd say, "Wipe its ass and bring it to the table!"

So what did you think of the Zidane head butt? Don't tell me there wasn't a little bit of you that wasn't impressed. If it was boxing, it would have been called a "peach" of a butt.

Beauty! To knock someone who's walking forward back on their arse like that, it was bloody amazing!
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I like my steaks to moo when you stick the fork in!
                          My missus always used to tell me off because if I ordered steak in a restaurant and they asked me how I wanted it I'd say, "Wipe its ass and bring it to the table!"
                          Now there's a man of taste, despite the shiny suits and flyaway hair!
                          But where on earth do you find a restaurant in this godforsaken country of yours that'll do you a steak "saignant" or even "bleu", i.e. one that a good vet could get back on its hooves again? All I ever seem to end up with is a cremated piece of shoe-leather swimming in some creamy pepper sauce...
                          This is why I need to go back to Belgium regularly: I need my raw meat fix!

Comment

Meat

Hi All

Ok I used to love steaks, and liked them rare. Unfortunately about a year ago I watched a TV programme about an abattoir and haven't been able to eat red meat since! Every time I look at it I just see the images of those poor animals.

I'm not against eating animals, and was stupid enough to believe that in this country we at least killed them quickly. Unfortunately we don't, and to be honest I don't even miss it.

I did also occasionally eat a bit of black pudding, usually on a Sunday morning with a bit of bacon and eggs. I don't even miss that. In fact I feel better for having given it up really.

Comment

Working...
                            X