Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortage of Pharmacists morphs into shortage of Nurses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortage of Pharmacists morphs into shortage of Nurses?

So there is a shortage of pharmacists in community and there have been complaints about diverting pharmacists into other roles.

Not sure about the impact on the NHS if Nurses are diverted into community pharmacy?

Superdrug trials walk-in health screening service at £139 launch price|Chemist+Druggist :: C+D (chemistanddruggist.co.uk)

Probably just end up with a shortage of everyone.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Too many youngsters want to be people who make loads of money for little work, Social media influencers, TV presenters etc. Alas, there is no easy route to success.
    As a lower working class boy I too had these dreams but at 16 the die was cast that I would be a pharmacist. Some ten years later I was. By that time I had enough of retail hours and settled for industry. Sales offered more than lab work , so I became a rep to get a car and expense account with lunch allowance etc
    Paid less than retail but enjoyed driving around and weekends free. ( actually worked as locum most Saturdays).
    Later in Export, travelled Club class and stayed in the best hotels. Saw interesting parts of 45 countries.
    So, pharmacy has given me an interesting life and been reasonably comfortable. but I do not live in a mansion or have an estate.
    jphnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Too many youngsters want to be people who make loads of money for little work, Social media influencers, TV presenters etc. Alas, there is no easy route to success.
      jphnep
      Aren't Pharmacists etc. supposed to aspire to nobler purposes? Apparently it's now just business?

I recall during my pre-reg, a recently-qualified Pharmacist driving his newly bought x-class(?) from London to the Midlands to do a locum shift! And it was his 6th-day shift of the week!

Certainly you couldn't deny he had the "can-do attitude" and pop-psychological "confidence & self-esteem" cherished by 'corporate Pharmacy'. And you can be sure he was used as an exemplar to get other Pharmacists to take similar risks to the detriment of the long-term sustainability of the enormity of the responsibility of a Pharmacist.

A product of the times?
      PotionRx
      Loyal Member
      Last edited by PotionRx; 12, January 2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I think the employers are just looking to add the next big thing on top of all the previous ones.
        We are told there is no value in dispensing because every pharmacist does it, so there only the added services value.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
        X