Currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency

During the war, cigarettes became a currency. Now it is Toilet Rolls.
    Having seen the news item re a chap who bought a load from a wholesaler and made a supposed £3,000 in a few hours, I searched for a hospitality supplier. These have just lost all their customers and now making sales to individuals. Several came up in Google and I just picked the first one. Have now been told my order on way and expect to have enough for about a year. Those of you with pharmacies could do the same. My friends used to do this for their own use and also to sell. I remember getting a few bottles of Tonic. With anti-malairials thoght to have some action, I will be drinking G&Ts. I will investogate for tinned goods.
    johnep

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    During the war, cigarettes became a currency. Now it is Toilet Rolls.
    Having seen the news item re a chap who bought a load from a wholesaler and made a supposed £3,000 in a few hours, I searched for a hospitality supplier. These have just lost all their customers and now making sales to individuals. Several came up in Google and I just picked the first one. Have now been told my order on way and expect to have enough for about a year. Those of you with pharmacies could do the same. My friends used to do this for their own use and also to sell. I remember getting a few bottles of Tonic. With anti-malairials thoght to have some action, I will be drinking G&Ts. I will investogate for tinned goods.
    johnep
    I’ll know where to come if I’m desperate!
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

No Problem £1 /roll, buyer collects.
      johnep

Comment

Working...
      X