No announcement yet.

Development of the pharmacy profession.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development of the pharmacy profession.

Should Cynical Pharmacist be a new branch of the profession?
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
    Should Cynical Pharmacist be a new branch of the profession?
    But aren’t all pharmacists cynical pharmacists? Some of us are just better at it than others, maybe because we have had more practice.

Comment

Originally posted by hibernia View Post

But aren’t all pharmacists cynical pharmacists? Some of us are just better at it than others, maybe because we have had more practice.
      So how many years of practice should we set the bar at before we admit new members to the UKACP (Association of Cynical Pharmacists).
      I think we should have an entrance exam and regular reporting of activity.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

So how many years of practice should we set the bar at before we admit new members to the UKACP (Association of Cynical Pharmacists).
        I think we should have an entrance exam and regular reporting of activity.
        I’d say about ten years to be sure any youthful enthusiasm was well and truly dead. We can’t be having exams and reporting. That is more of the paperwork we are opposed to. Survival should be proof enough that we are qualified for membership.

Comment

I’d say about ten years to be sure any youthful enthusiasm was well and truly dead. We can’t be having exams and reporting. That is more of the paperwork we are opposed to. Survival should be proof enough that we are qualified for membership.
          No paperwork.
          I'm all for that.
          How about all registered pharmacist in the UK are members of UKACP automatically.
          If they don't want to be a member they have to send evidence that they are never ever cyincal?

How times change.

Comment

No paperwork.
            I'm all for that.
            How about all registered pharmacist in the UK are members of UKACP automatically.
            If they don't want to be a member they have to send evidence that they are never ever cyincal?
            It could be opt out not opt in but you don’t want to make it too easy. There has to be some exclusivity so there is somebody to look down on.

Comment

It could be opt out not opt in but you don’t want to make it too easy. There has to be some exclusivity so there is somebody to look down on.
              But what would the opt-out pharmacists join?

They could join the rival organisation 'Apathetic Apothecaries'; but no-one can be bothered to join.

There is the 'Browbeaten Pharmacists Association'; should be quite a few people interested in joining that one.
              How times change.

Comment

Yes, If the Boots PDAU vote goes against, then all those Boots pharmacists who did not vote can join.
                johnep

Comment

Working...
                X