Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Information?

Hi
    Are there any Malaysian pharmacists here. I am going to Malaysia in April for about 10 days, plan to go to KL, Penang and Langkawi. I would like any local knowledge that maybe of use to a tourist. Things like money exchange, things/people to avoid etc.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
    Grandy

Re: Malaysia Information?

Went to Malaysia in 1970. While in KL visited caves of Batu. Enjoyed watching the sun rise over Mackenzie mountains every morning.

Most vivid memory of Penang was the visit to the Snake Temple. I did not touch anything as snakes were everywhere.

Enjoy, medium gel coconuts, durian fruit and the root beer. Have a sniff of the latter and you can smell methyl salicylate.
    johnep

Comment

Thanks John, i absolutely hate snakes, i suppose you could call it a phobia, durian fruit? Isnt that meant to smell like vomit or ami confusing it with something else?

Comment

Described to me like eating custard whilst in one of the 'fragrant' local gents toilets. I eat it and quite liked it but not overboard. The locals told us it was an aphrodisiac 'when the durians come down, the sarongs go up'.

At the time I was working for a flavour co and we were trying to produce a durian flavour for sweets and icecream. We found asafoetida nearest in odour and used that as a flavour base.
        Have a great time, I did and I was working.
        johnep

Comment

Working...
        X